Location Boston, MassachusettsUS
Job ID JR-029167
Job Title : Scientific Services Specialist, Flow Cytometry
Location: Boston, MA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer has been asked to provide ancillary services at the client site, Boston, MA to support their Flow cytometer systems.
- In-depth understanding of instrumentation and flow cytometry principles are essential for the successful delivery of core services.
- Clear evidence of strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with colleagues with all levels of flow cytometry experience is required.
- The position requires ability to lead a small core staff through proper delegation and supervision, and the ability to work as part of a large, cross-function team and be productive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated initiative to solve problems with enthusiasm and a positive attitude is required.
- The appropriate individual will have a master/bachelor degree in a biological or related scientific discipline and 2-3 years of experience operating shared-resource laboratory (SRL) facilities (For bachelor-level candidates, 6-7 years of experience is required).
- Oversee a small core staff and delegate proper tasks/assignments
- Design and optimize protocols for flow cytometry experiments
- Act as a scientific consultant of all flow cytometry-related technologies for the customer
- Carry out continuous education to the customer regarding the technological advancement of this field
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and rapid-response repair of flow cytometry instruments in a multi-user flow cytometry core
- Maintain appropriate documentation of instrument usage and maintenance history
- Ensure facility compliance with all safety rules and regulation
- Maintain laboratory stocks of supplies and reagents
- Driving toward zero service recalls for any reason
- Ensure compliance of data integrity/security in the complete range of flow cytometry core
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, or a related scientific discipline
- 5+ years of Experience
- Masters Degree
- 7+ years of experience
- Must have immunostaining skills
- Must have familiarity with at least three of the following instruments: FACSAria, Melody, Astrios, MoFlo, SH800, Fortessa, LSR II, Symphony, Canto II, Celesta, Lyric, CytoFlex, Attune NxT, Aurora, and ImageStream
- Strong FlowJo/FCSExpress skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- High-dimensional data analysis skills strongly preferred
- Familiarity with R/Phyton strongly preferred
- Team leadership experience strongly preferred
- Experience with mass cytometry and microscopy preferred
- Address Waltham, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10