We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Salesforce.com Business Analyst. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
The Salesforce.com Business Analyst will serve as an IT liaison to the business and is responsible for assisting with the gathering, organization, documentation, review, analysis, and evaluation of business requirements and user needs for the Valvoline Salesforce.com platform and solutions. The role is responsible for the day-to-day support and progress of simple and small Salesforce projects by functioning as the intermediary between the business stakeholders, IT and 3rd party vendors using a deep understanding of business processes and Salesforce technology to ensure desired business objectives and outcomes are achieved. This role collaborates with other Salesforce team members to provide key insights into the design and implementation of solutions. This role is also responsible for ensuring the efficient configuration, development and deployment of solutions occur. This role is also responsible for ensuring the efficient configuration, development and deployment of solutions occur. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring daily operations remain stable by providing Tier 3 technical support for the Valvoline Salesforce.com platform and solutions by working directly with users to identify, research, troubleshoot and resolve issues, which may require interaction with other internal IT teams, managed service provider(s) and vendors to resolve. This includes monitoring Service Now queue for assigned incidents and ensuring they are addressed per defined service level agreements.
- Collaborating with business partners across Sales, Marketing, Operations, and the ecosystem of technology that we use and support to assist in the elicitation, definition and management of business and functional requirements into shareable, actionable, standardized formats. Driving requirements gathering, documentation, change requests, and requirements traceability for simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries. Translating end-to-end business processes into concise, concrete requirements and test cases.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to execute and deliver small, OpEx and CapEx Salesforce projects and initiatives. Monitoring and reviewing project progress and timelines, adjusting schedules and plans as needed. Identifying and resolving issues to ensure project success. Maintaining and coordinating communication on status with stakeholders throughout the project. Helping with the planning and preparation for Go-Live and post Go-Live support.
- Supporting testing cycles (UAT, regression, system) and/or Training/Training Materials.
- Undertaking analytical activities of end-to-end business processes and existing Salesforce solutions to deliver analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to established Salesforce standards. Facilitating solutions and advocate on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure that proposed solutions meet the business requirements and provide a positive user experience. Completing all process mapping. Developing, documenting, and maintaining a thorough repository and understanding of business rules and process flows.
- Assist with configuration and implementation of Salesforce projects and initiatives. Validate release information and help coordinate deployments for the Salesforce team.
- Mapping functional requirements to Salesforce.com features and functionality. Working with Admins, Architects and Developers to help translate functional requirements into technical design requirements.
- Helping guide business to improve business processes and efficiency in Salesforce. Identifying potential issues and advise on solutions before they become a problem. Investigating operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of technology-enabled improvements/redesign in automated and non-automated components of new or changed Salesforce solutions and processes. Directing what metrics should be tracked and regularly evaluated, and use that information to make actionable recommendations.
- Following Corporate and IT policies and procedures. Working with IT security to align with all best practices, compliance with industry standards/applicable certifications and provide quality and efficient end-to-end solution for implementing and governing security related to profiles, permissions sets, roles, sharing settings and logic access policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or higher) in an IT related field
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in applying information technology solutions in a manufacturing or retail industry
- Minimum 2+ years of Business Analysis experience, including Requirements Gathering
- Minimum 2+ years of working in SF platform across different solutions – Sales/Service/Marketing
- Entry level writing skills
- Able to produce high quality, detailed and thorough analysis documentation in order to present information effectively and clearly to stakeholders
- Working knowledge of lucid charts or similar process documentation software
- Basic Knowledge of implementation and configuration of enterprise systems such as CRM or ERP
- Basic grasp of Salesforce essentials e.g. products, opportunities, leads, reporting, security/sharing, automation (workflow rules, process builder), and importing data (typically from spreadsheets)
- Demonstrates the ability to perform Salesforce.com administration / configuration / data migration duties as directed
- Limited experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce products
- Experience with and understanding of the Salesforce platform, including its capabilities and limitations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce capabilities/potential to provide solutions to business problems
- Solid functional and/or industry knowledge, as well as Salesforce products such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud
- Ability to keep up with Salesforce platform changes
- Business Analysis:
- Ability to assist in process documentation and requirements gathering
- Basic requirements and design documentation skills are a must
- Capable of effectively communicating the functional requirements to technical stakeholders as well as to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with business analysis methods, tools and techniques
- Experience with requirements definition and management policies, standards and guidelines
- Experience documenting processes and translating to high level technical requirements
- Experienced with Business Requirements planning, gathering, and documentation in the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrates deep subject matter expertise in the jobs of the business users in scope
- Business Process:
- Understanding of business processes
- Experienced and knowledgeable about general Business Processes
- Ability to configure in support of business processes
- Data Validation
- Data Management
- System Administration
- System & Network Configuration
- Financial Modeling
- Scripting Languages SQL, Python
- Knowledge of DevOps methodology
- Here are the soft skills a BA should have:
- Needs analysis
- Eliciting requirements
- Business case definition
- Requirements writing
- Requirements review
- Flow and process diagramming
- Business data analytics
- Problem solving
- Should also have at least a basic understanding of these Salesforce technical skills:
- Data management
- Reports and dashboards
- Sales and marketing
- Must be willing to be available for evening and weekend work where escalations, projects or other management initiatives dictate
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Technical background / degree program
- Minimum 2+ years of Project Management experience
- Minimum 2+ years as Salesforce Administrator or Salesforce App Builder
- Minimum 2+ years of experience implementing CRM solutions from start to finish, including the creation of business requirements and other formal documentation
- Exposure to global operations and downstream business impacts
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: 31337
- Address USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10