About the job
A Moving Experience.
Looking for an exciting role that combines your passion for design and technology? As a Research Developer (UI/UX), you’ll have the opportunity to
develop cutting-edge products related to in-car assistant, with a special focus on voice use cases. You’ll be in charge of designing intuitive and user-friendly interfaces that prioritize practicality and ease of use, while also staying on top of the latest UX best practices.
In addition to designing and developing UI/UX elements, you’ll work closely with other designers and developers to ensure a seamless experience across all products. With a strong understanding of voice user interface (VUI) and related technologies like speech recognition, Natural Language Understanding and Voice Dialogs, you’ll play a key role in shaping the future of in-car assistant technology.
But that’s not all! As a Cerence team member you’ll also:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including customers, end-users, product managers, developers, testers, and managers to understand product requirements
- Utilize UX and UI design best practices to create intuitive and engaging interfaces for new products and features
- Conduct usability research, interviews, and user testing to gain insights and improve the user experience
- Work in an agile development environment, using relevant tools to document and collaborate on designs and development progress
- Collaborate with teams across multiple locations and continents, ensuring alignment and communication across time zones
- Willingness to travel out of the country occasionally for business purposes
Who you are:
- Proven experience in UI design, including developing interactive demos or prototypes
- A portfolio that showcases your expertise in interactive design and highlights your experience with user interface design
- A track record of providing design thought leadership and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive creative direction
- Proficiency in design prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Dreamweaver
- Experience with Unity or other game engines
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies and tools quickly
- A collaborative team player with a strong customer focus
- An understanding of information and application security standards (secure coding, securing SLDC’s, etc.)
Bonus points for some of all:
- Experience in frontend development frameworks such as React, Angular, and Vue, with a proven track record of delivering high-quality products
- Strong proficiency in multiple programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, Kotlin, etc. to enhance the development of complex software solutions
- Expertise in using source control tools such as Artifactory, Git, and other version control systems to manage code repositories and collaborate effectively with other team members
- Proficiency in MS Visio for creating clear and concise technical diagrams and documentation
- Ability to set up and configure hardware equipment to support software development tasks such as connecting cabling/power suppliers, configuring software on target devices, etc.
- Fluent in at least one additional language to effectively collaborate with global teams and customers
- Experience following software development processes such as Agile, Scrum, and other best practices to deliver quality products on time and within budget
At Cerence, we value thought leadership and mentorship, and we’re looking for someone who can contribute to our culture in these areas. If you have a passion for research and UX/UI, want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment, and help us shape the future of in-car AI interaction, please apply to join our team.
Who we are:
Cerence is a global leader in creating cutting-edge AI-powered solutions that make our driving experiences safer, more productive, and more enjoyable. We provide the technology behind the world’s most popular car brands, enabling drivers and passengers to interact with their vehicles in new and exciting ways. Our focus on innovation and commitment to quality has helped us build a reputation as one of the most trusted and respected companies in the industry. With a team of talented and passionate people from around the world, we’re always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and we’re proud to be at the forefront of the next generation of in-car technology. Join us and help shape the future of mobility.
Cerence Inc. (Nasdaq: CRNC and www.cerence.com) is the global industry leader in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. Spun out from Nuance in October 2019, Cerence is a new, independent company that has quickly gained traction as a leader in the automotive voice assistant space, working with all of the world’s leading automakers – from Ford and Fiat Chrysler to Daimler, Audi and BMW to Geely and SAIC – to transform how a car feels, responds and learns. Its track record is built on more than 20 years of industry experience and leadership and more than 325 million cars on the road today across more than 70 languages.
As Cerence looks to the future and continues an ambitious growth agenda, we need someone to join the team and help build the future of voice and AI in cars. This is an exciting opportunity to join Cerence’s passionate, dedicated, global team and be a part of meaningful innovation in a rapidly growing industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cerence is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, genetic information and other protected classifications. Cerence Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
All prospective and current Employees need to remain vigilant when it comes to executing security policies in the workplace. This includes:
- Following workplace security protocols and training programs to familiarize with the ways to maintain a safe workplace.
- Following security procedures to report any suspicious activity.
- Having respect for corporate security procedures to allow those procedures to be effective.
- Adhering to company‘s compliance and regulations.
- Encouraging to follow a zero tolerance for workplace violence.
- Basic knowledge of information security and data privacy requirements (e.g., how to protect data & how to be handling this data).
- Demonstrative knowledge of information security through internal training programs.
- Address Farmington Hills, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5