About the job
Research Engineer – In Vehicle Compute Hardware and Security (Cyber) Hardware
Research Engineer – In Vehicle Compute Hardware and Security (Cyber) Hardware positions offered by Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI). Work on architecture advancement towards Next Generation Vehicle Architecture. Work on security threat modelling of I/O aggregators, Smart Controllers and other modules. Support performing compute requirements analysis of current vehicle ECUs. Conduct overhead tests of various supplier security solutions on select target hardware. Conduct various performance tests of product in accordance with test criteria established by policies and procedures or written test plans and maintains accurate records of test results and reports results to the development groups. Benchmark competitor products/systems/architectures. Develop security specifications and tools. Design hardware test bed emulating vehicle network architecture and ECUs to benchmark supplier solutions.
- Requires a master’s or foreign equivalent degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related field with coursework in cybersecurity and advanced hardware design or advanced compute architecture
- 6 months of experience in the position offered or 6 months of experience working with microcontrollers for embedded control systems
- Also requires 6 months of experience: applying testing processes and test techniques related to electrical systems
- 6 months of experience in designing and developing in-vehicle network architecture or working with Audio and Video Networking, Switches and protocols
- Experience may be, but need not be, acquired concurrently
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Address Dearborn, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Masters