Arlington County’s Department of Technology Services is hiring a Network Engineer to be a part of the Technology Infrastructure and Managed Services Division’s Engineering team. This position provides planning, configuration and operational support to County remote access, mobility, Virtual Private Network (VPN), and Domain Name System (DNS) operations.
To learn more about our services and team, please visit DTS.
- Maintaining DNS, DHCP, IP Address Manager systems;
- Supporting ongoing maintenance and enhancement of an existing F5 Access Policy Manager (APM/Telework portal feature) for remote County users;
- Maintaining the enhancement of an existing VPN solutions, including both Cloud and premised solutions;
- Under the guidance of the Senior Cloud Architect administering remote access load balancing utilizing both Cloud and premise-based solution; and
- Assisting Senior Network Engineer with premised and cloud-based network infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with Enterprise Remote Access software, VPN, DNS operations, Networking, and Network Load Balancing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field; and
- Considerable experience directly related to the selection, implementation, and operation of local and wide-area network architectures.
Substitution: Additional qualifying full-time experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Working with various remote access and always-on VPN solutions;
- F5 certification;
- Cisco certification;
- Access and identity security experience;
- IPAM & DHCP experience in an enterprise network; and/or
- DNS experience (public and private).
Please note: A complete application includes a letter of interest. Please attach a letter or use the space in the supplemental questionnaire to address how your background meets the qualification requirements for the position.
A pre-employment criminal records check will be conducted. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Covid-19: Arlington County Government is committed to the health, safety and wellness for all staff. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. For those qualified employees with a disability or sincerely held religious belief which prohibits them from receiving a vaccine, you will be able to contact the Office of Human Rights to request a reasonable accommodation. Adherence to this policy is a condition of employment.
Work hours: This is a flexible 40-hour per week position, Monday-Friday. Occasional evenings, nights and weekends may be required.
Remote work (telework) is available for this position. This is not a full-time remote opportunity.
Please note the official title of this position is Network Analyst.
Job Number : 1024-23B-DTS-EM
- Salary Offer $95,368.00 - $145,600.00
- Address 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 511, Arlington, VA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5