Red Team Manager, Information Security
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Summary: The Red Team Manager is responsible for managing and supporting a team of highly technical Red Team operators and serves as the primary point of contact for requests, escalations, and project planning. They are accountable for the team’s performance and provided management reporting for engagement outcomes and status.
Management & Reporting
- Review and approve all technical Red Team reports and deliverables with an expectation of understanding all technical findings, testing, and methodologies
- Collect, analyze, and presents metrics and information on engagements and team projects
- Create and refine efficient processes, standards, and policies for Red Team operations, reporting, and development
- Articulate the advanced capabilities of the Red Team in marketing discussions and capability briefings
Project & Program Management
- Responsible for producing and/or validating project plans for all Red Team engagements
- Responsible for ensuring projects deliver on time by holding contributors accountable for delivering on project milestones and deliverables
- Responsible for identifying project execution risks and project-related issues, suggesting mitigation plans for resolution to management
- Responsible for project resource allocation and management
Budget & Vendor Management
- Oversees and manages procurement and vendor management required for Red Team tools, equipment, and infrastructure
- Communicates and reports budget estimates and allocations
- Accountable for team performance and results of direct reports
- Responsible for assessments and rewards allocations of direct reports
- Responsible for talent development, including quarterly conversations and individual development plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience with at least 3 years’ experience as a network penetration tester and/or red team operator
- Extensive experience leading a team of highly technical red teamers
- Possesses a deep understanding of information security, computer science, and network and systems administration
- Understands advanced Red Team concepts including performing long term operations against complex networks while remaining undetected, advanced application exploitation, and basic programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of security controls and services in AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud platforms
- Background and knowledge of general security concepts, such as defense-in-depth, MITRE ATT&CK framework, and security architectures
- CISSP and one of the following: OSCP, OSCE/OSCE3, OSEE, SANS-SEC660(GXPN), or SANS-SEC760
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
We offer Medical, TeleMedicine, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D insurance, 401K, Leave of absence & disability benefits, paid time off & holidays and more.
In accordance with Colorado State Law (https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb19-085) the salary range for Colorado for this role is $134,000 – $187,000 per year with 25% bonus target.
At Equinix, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and informs all we do. In alignment with our culture, Equinix has implemented a vaccine or test policy that requires employees to show proof of full vaccination or get tested regularly to work onsite in an IBX or office.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Visit our Career page here to understand about Equinix COVID-19 Vaccine Policy.
Job ID : JR-125963
- Salary Offer $134,000/yr – $187,000/yr
- Address USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20