About the job
The Security Best Practices team at CIS is looking for an QA Engineer to ensure the health and progress of our state of the art security policy authoring website. As a QA engineer, you will be designing and implementing tests, debugging and troubleshooting issues discovered, and making corrective actions within a fast-paced Agile development environment.
You will play a vital role in the development process. You will be responsible for working with software engineers to test cybersecurity products throughout their development and providing feedback to ensure that the products are free from errors and reliable.
Individuals with application and web development experience are encouraged to apply.
The Center for Internet Security (CIS) makes the connected world a safer place for people, businesses, and governments through our core competencies of collaboration and innovation. We are a community-driven nonprofit responsible for industry leading best practices for securing IT systems and data. We lead a global community of IT professionals to continuously evolve these standards and provide products and services to proactively safeguard against emerging threats.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in functional requirements and technical design discussions to plan for test development and provide meaningful feedback
- Develop functional test cases that represent business challenges and issues
- Perform all types of testing as needed, including functional, regression, performance, and security
- Identify, record, document and track bugs as needed. Validate bug fixes
- Identify and collect quality metrics that support SDLC Improvement
- Continually evaluate testing approaches, tools, and stacks
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field*
- 4+ years of relevant QA experience, to include but not limited to Information Technology, Information Security, or Cyber Security
- Experience in testing automation using tools like Laravel Dusk, Selenium or similar
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with a remote team
- Must be team-oriented and able to contribute ideas to improve efficiency and productivity
- Demonstrable drive towards continual professional growth and improvement
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
It’s a Plus If You Have
- 2+ years of operational experience in a DevOps team
- Experience with PHP Unit testing
- Experience with load testing tools
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools
- Experience in AWS (operation + API), and other cloud infrastructures
- Experience using Git
- Fundamental understanding of agile principles and corresponding methodologies
- Solid foundation in SDLC and working experience in the Agile process framework (e.g., Scrum) and Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence)
- Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
At CIS, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment in which the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views of our employees, members, and customers are valued and respected. It is through this commitment that we are able to work together towards our common mission: to make the connected world a safer place.
- Address USA (Remote)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5