Full Job Description
We are a global leader, creating world-changing technology that enables progress and enriches lives. Intel is at the intersection of several technology inflections – artificial intelligence, 5G network transformation, and the rise of the intelligent edge- that together will shape the future of technology.
As a Red Team Security Researcher, you will play a key role in leading complex, multi-disciplinary security research hardening the innovative connectivity technology that we create. The candidate’s responsibilities may include defining security objectives, performing threat modeling, discovering vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the architecture, design, and the implementation. Partner with other technologists and engineers to propose creative solutions that strengthen the overall security assurance of the product. The ideal candidate is able to understand requirements and problems with little information, figure out potential research paths, and deal with adversity (steep ramp-up, non-existent/completely different toolsets). An ideal candidate is also comfortable talking to executives to share results and findings (to drive decisions based on business risk) and is equally comfortable discussing priorities and tasks with other security researchers. The individual should have ample knowledge and love for information security, excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as willing to be organized and detail-oriented, to work in a team in which technical excellence is the primary requirement.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) Red Team is responsible for secure design, development and operation of connectivity hardware and software solutions. The team is also chartered with understanding the next generation of security threats and technologies, continuously guiding the improvement of future architectures to secure Intel’s platforms, while championing a security first culture into Intel’s product development and strategic practices.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience (or equivalent) in the field of system security research, and exploring software + hardware techniques as a method of attack against targets within computing systems
- 7+ years of in-depth experience with vulnerability research
- 5+ years of expertise in exploit development (published exploits and write-ups on exploiting new classes of issues, new techniques, and tools are greatly appreciated)
- 5+ years of reverse Engineering experience (or, for researchers focused on open-source software, demonstrated expertise on reading assembly and writing exploits for complex vulnerability classes)
- 2+ years of experience in computer systems architecture, CPU, SoC, chipsets, BIOS, Firmware, Drivers, and other compute paradigms such as Cloud infrastructure and application development frameworks/API’s
- Experience to work autonomously in a less structured startup type environment with minimal supervision
- Experience to span security expertise over HW, SW and Firmware domains
- Experience to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Experience to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals
- Experience in security research and community impact, demonstrated by published research and collaboration to community efforts (PoC development proficiency is more appreciated more than certifications)
- Experience using FPGAs to realize digital designs
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera’s industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel’s world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, San Jose;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Colorado, Denver
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here.
- Address Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors