About the job
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In Your Role As Program Director, Strategy, You Will
- Maintain an understanding of the market segments we compete in, the buyers we sell to, the clients we service, the influencers we engage with, and the competitors we face.
- Shape our business unit product strategy, addressing Go-to-Market, Service Products, and Service Delivery.
- Lead a cross-functional team in the execution of our product strategy including establishing objectives and key results to drive agreed-to prioritized actions and business results.
- Contribute to portfolio and product simplification, packaging and pricing models, channel strategy, delivery model transformation, and message development, contributing to the value propositions for our products, translating technical capabilities into understandable and compelling stories.
Must be willing to travel up to 25%. Some international travel will be required.
Your Abilities & Skills
- A natural story teller with capability to create easy to understand messaging and value propositions.
- Business and technical experience to develop executive-level strategies and supporting business cases.
- Proactive self-starter with roll up the sleeves attitude to get work done and drive outcomes.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive business objectives.
- Analytical, pays attention to details, and makes decision based on data analysis and facts.
- Synthesizes complex business requirements and breaks them down in to an agile execution plan.
- Delivers initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Brings up new ideas and creative solutions to help IBM Security Services continue to be innovative.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in product management, with at least 3 years developing and driving the execution of product strategy. management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Cyber security knowledge in one or more security domains (e.g. Managed Security Services, network security, threat management, incident response, Identity and Access Management, Data and Application Security).
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint skills with exceptional outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors