It’s a Mission, not a Just a Job. As a multi-billion dollar leader of disruptive change in the automotive electronics technology industry, Visteon is shaping the future (while contributing to a cleaner environment) through pioneering innovations in its electrification product line — including electrification control electronics, power electronics and energy storage.
The mission of this role is to make this vision a reality by designing, developing and implementing innovative solutions that meet customer requirements.
How You Will Spend Your Days:
- Assisting pursuit teams to assemble quotes and present technical design review materials.
- Being the bridge between the customer and Visteon’s technical teams:
- Building relationships with customers’ technical engineering teams.
- Analyzing customer requirements and communicating to global product development team.
- Partnering with internal product teams during key planning and development activities.
- Attending and coordinating all customer meetings.
- Providing technical support from product demonstration, problem analysis, systems integration analysis, etc. to create an innovative system solution.
- Investigating issues and roadblocks to ensure customer satisfaction and policy alignment.
- Communicating effectively with multiple levels of customer stakeholders.
- Managing the change control process.
- Anticipating and managing day-to-day activities related to overall product success.
- Designing, developing and implementing customer products:
- Running product demonstrations.
- Leading application testing.
- Aligning cyber security, safety, feature development and validation team to the customer’s solution.
- Ensuring product integration into customer systems.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent (Master’s preferred).
- Experience and proven capability in development of complex industrial electrification products or utility-scale applications, preferably in areas of system design, control, and monitoring.
- Knowledge of related safety and test standards, such as ISO, UL, IEC standards, and utility grid interconnection standards and regional grid codes is desirable.
- Familiarity with DC/DC or AC/DC convertor operation or controls is desirable.
- Knowledge of or history working with major component suppliers in the battery storage or solar industry, such as inverters, PV panels, or lithium-ion batteries.
- Ability to conduct electrification product analysis based on the customer needs.
- Strong electronics design and development experience (e.g., circuit design and electrical analysis).
- Hands on experience in electrification hardware design, development and testing (and/or software development, debugging and testing).
- Ability to support DFMEA development and necessary analysis with global engineering team.
- 2 plus years of experience in related technology domain.
- Experience in design and development of automobile components or system.
The Mindset and Key Behaviors You’ll Need to Bring
Visteon is a high-growth, fast-paced and entrepreneurially-spirited company – and will only hire people who profile the same.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit:
- Recognizes how subtle changes in the market or industry could impact the performance of the department and communicates strategic concerns to leadership.
- Considers how different approaches to an existing process or method might be better, tying together seemingly disconnected information.
- Demonstrates excitement regarding the opportunity to participate in new and uncertain business ventures, displaying confidence about what can be accomplished.
- Systems / Critical Thinking
- Processes different types of information, which require complex analysis, correctly identifying key trends; uses incisive questioning to gain a deep understanding of issues and their wider impact; quickly generates appropriate solutions informed by previous experience.
- Prepares well-written material for a range purposes; highlights the key facts and critical points behind an argument.
- Works well with complex data and evaluates information effectively; makes full use of the latest technology and ensures others on the team do the same.
- Is positive and optimistic about what the team can achieve; recovers quickly from setbacks and helps other team members to move on.
- Appreciates the need for change, addressing ambiguous or uncertain situations directly; easily adapts to changing circumstances or demands, and helps others on the team to accept the unknown.
- Seeks feedback related to own and team performance; deals constructively with criticism.
- Interacts well with people across teams; communicates with enthusiasm and networks effectively.
- Establishes rapport and puts people at ease; develops long-lasting relationships within and across teams.
- Convinces people by making a strong case, bringing other people on the team to understand and agree with the presented viewpoint; negotiates effectively to get the best outcomes for self and the team.
- Articulates information clearly, explaining complex information effectively and confidently in presentations to existing and new team members.
- Challenges others to consider and discuss established views or assumptions that require further thought; effectively argues own perspective.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity.
- Elevates the Performance of Others:
- Shares learning and growth opportunities within team when they arise and encourages others to work outside of their comfort zone by taking on new development opportunities.
- Finds opportunities to individually coach others, providing specific insights and tips to enhance skills, knowledge or work performance.
- Proactively provides ongoing constructive, behaviorally-oriented feedback to others within the team to increase future performance.
- Delivers individual and group feedback to support performance and development.
- Leads with empathy and respect toward all employees and partners.
Visteon is a technology leader in automotive electronics dedicated to creating a more enjoyable, connected and safe driving experience. Our platforms leverage proven, scalable hardware and software solutions that enable the digital, electric and autonomous evolution of our global automotive customers. Visteon products align with key industry trends and include digital instrument clusters, displays, Android-based infotainment systems, domain controllers, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and battery management systems. The company is headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, and has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon reported sales of approximately $2.5 billion and booked $4.6 billion of new business in 2020. Learn more at www.Visteon.com
More Good Reasons to Work for Visteon
Focusing on the Future
Our company’s engineering platforms deliver scalable hardware and software solutions that enable the digital, electric and autonomous evolution of our global automotive customers. This strategy is driven by constant innovation, and you will support our efforts through your role. We are recognized across the industry for innovation. We have a strong book of business that will drive our future growth, along with a customer base that includes the leading global automotive manufacturers.
Working at Visteon is a journey in which our employees have equal opportunities to learn and advance their careers while making an impact globally. Join us and we will help you grow personally and professionally while you help enable the digital, electric and autonomous evolution of our global automotive industry. Visteon is where the best technical talent influence the future. Learn more about our culture here.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Visteon offers competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that encourages employees to develop their strengths and advance their career goals.
For more information about our company, technologies and products, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. You can also follow our careers-focused channels on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with our latest job postings and the great work our employees are doing.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce!
Requisition Number: APPLI011387
- Address Grace Lake Corp Center Van Buren Twp, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5