EnerSys is a leading power and energy solutions provider for the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry. Our products help power the necessities of modern wired and wireless communication infrastructure, including wireless cell sites, 5G small cells, Internet of Things (IoT), and switching centers. Our portfolio includes renewable energy products, DC and AC power systems, power distribution systems, and energy storage in the form of industrial batteries, employing advanced lithium electrochemistry technologies.
As power conversion and power management experts, we provide solutions to our customers’ challenges and problems. From individual modules to full turn-key system solutions, we provide our customers with the advice and support needed at all level of the organization. We cherish the integral relationship critical to success of our clients who range from Mobile Network Operators to major telecom and cable providers to data center operators.
Our Burnaby, British Columbia, facility is the Center of Excellence for our power system design and ICT application development. Regional headquarters are in Canada, USA, Europe and Asia, with worldwide headquarters located in Reading, PA, USA.
EnerSys is truly a Global Company, with over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. EnerSys is the power/full solution with sales and service locations throughout the world. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Alpha Technologies, an EnerSys company, is an established leader in the design and manufacture of powering solutions for the Telecom, Cable Broadband, Traffic, Security, Medical, Industrial and Renewable Energy industries. The company offers a broad portfolio of high-quality, feature-rich solutions that can be customized to suit almost any application and environment offering the highest performance and best value in the industry. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the leader in reliable power and energy storage solutions.
As a result of our continuing growth, we require an experienced Product Manager – Control and IoT Solutions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands-on technical leadership, research and analysis of technology shifts and trends in the IoT, Big Data and/or Analytics/Data Science market place. Pricing and costing analysis for services being built and delivered.
- Responsible for the product roadmap for system controller and digital hardware solutions, and their respective software feature roadmaps. These products have been a long-standing competitive advantage for Alpha and EnerSys and a commitment to on-going support is critical.
- Responsible for the overall performance of Mobile, Network and Cloud software business – building strong influencing relationships; creating class leading Value Propositions; owning the launch process and supporting commercial executions in markets.
- Work with an outside-in view to understand market, customer and competitor landscapes in order to achieve the required results.
- Make build, buy and partner recommendations.
- Work with the field sales, inside sales, application engineering and internal business units to develop expertise in how to value and sell digital hardware and software solutions
- Work with technical support, field support and operations to create the necessary expertise in networking, security, licensing and sales needed to support these new customer applications
- Drive product promotion and associated training including product collateral and sales presentations
- Drive development and communication of the technical intent of requirements working closely with the entire product management team and engineering
- Define, lead and execute platform-focused technical community forums – online and offline
- B.Sc., B.Eng. or B.A.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of related experience
- MBA or financial analytics exposure
- Previous Telecom, Network Management, Control Hardware, and Cloud or IoT experience an asset
- Strong Knowledge of technologies and use cases for Big Data, Cloud-native SaaS, Analytics/Machine Learning, and/or Fog Computing
- Team player & self-motivated
- Strong sense of problem solving and delivering a high value customer experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, to drive alignment and collaboration
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Address Burnaby, British Columbia, CA, V5J 5M4, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10