Manufacturing Engineering Cyber Security and Networks is an organization within Vehicle Systems Automation Architecture. The primary responsibility of this organization is to define and implement Cyber Security Policies, Practices and Solutions for Manufacturing reporting to the Manufacturing Cyber Security Officer. Tightly coupled with this responsibility is maintaining and ongoing development of the Plant Floor Network Strategy for the Global Common Controls Architecture. The scope covers all Manufacturing including both Vehicle Systems as well as Global Propulsion Systems globally.
- Design and support global execution of network security policies of Industrial Ethernet Controls Networks (IECN)
- Provide inputs to GM IT development team for the design of Cyber Security Systems and Plant Floor Networks for Manufacturing
- Participate in meetings to provide requirements to minimize potential security risks of plant floor networks
- Support Vehicle Systems automation team to implement approved processes and methodologies for designing and implementing secure plant floor systems
- Conduct compatibility tests of new hardware and software, ensuring compliance with IT requirements
- Support Execution of Regional Legacy Manufacturing Equipment Communication Networks (Ethernet IP, Profibus, ProfiNet, DeviceNet, etc.)
- Incorporate lessons learned and cost savings initiatives into the appropriate standards.
- Support documentation of standardized work and processes to implement network technologies in GM Manufacturing Facilities
- Lead and support development of manufacturing cybersecurity technologies working in a cross-functional team environment
- 3 + years of experience in vehicle/Powertrain manufacturing engineering/operations.
- 3+ years of experience in industrial controls systems (ICS)
- 1+ years of experience in network security related position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer engineering required
- Hands on experience with Ethernet IP and various industrial field bus communication networks like Device Net, Profibus etc.
- Knowledge of GM controls standards such as GCCH, GCCS, GCCB, PFCN / IECN and Plant Floor System applications knowledge is preferred
- Hands on experience in either of cybersecurity initiatives like vulnerability management, incident response, risk assessment, backup and recovery or application security
- Advance interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate in a cross functional team
- Cisco certified in CCNA, CCNP, CCSP is preferred
- Understanding of NIST framework is preferred.
- Master’s Degree preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Address Warren, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10