Process Control Engineer
Purpose & Scope:
- Manage 3-4 distributed control systems deployed in one of four manufacturing business units – Finished Products, Pulp Mill, Power Plant or Chemical/Evaporation. Control system management responsibilities include control strategy optimization, development of process unit startup and shut down sequences, enhancement of operator interfaces, and administration of significant cyber security provisions and execution of disaster recovery procedures.
- Integrate with the production and Instrument/Electrical maintenance teams in order to contribute to and/or lead efforts to troubleshoot process variability upsets, field device failures and control system hardware failures.
- Provide control engineering services to capital project teams in the development and implementation of maintenance, cost reduction and regulatory projects with scopes that include new control systems and or additions to existing control systems.
- Plan and implement migrations to supported versions of the control system operating software environment. Plan and initiate capital projects to upgrade obsolete distributed control system station, server, network and controller hardware.
Knowledge and Experience:
- BS or MS in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university engineering school is required
- Must be knowledgeable of control engineering principles and practices applicable in an industrial manufacturing facility.
- Must be knowledgeable of distributed control systems, communication networks, Microsoft Windows, motor controls, instruments and valves.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience implementing and optimizing distributed control systems (DCS) in an industrial manufacturing facility is required. Experience implementing DCS projects in a paper mill is a plus.
- Experience implementing, configuring and troubleshooting one or more of the following systems is a plus:
- Honeywell Experion DCS
- ABB Quality Control System
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Building Effective Teams
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Customer Focus
- Written Communications
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prattville AL 36067
PRATTVILLE, AL, US, 36067
- Address Prattville, AL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5