In your new role you will:
- Provide hardware Integration support: design-in support of Infineon hardware products on PC, smart card systems and mobile platforms
- Provide software Design support and development: design-in support of security products smart cards and embedded systems using device drivers, system and application API’s and personalization systems
- Customer interface: assist design-in activities at Customer locations. Provide and maintain a close and goal oriented technical relationship with Sales customers and contacts within the regional Marketing group.
- Product acceptance evaluation: ensure that company products meet regional market standards and expectations through performing acceptance tests, stress test and ad-hoc tests
- Issue troubleshooting and resolution: apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to identify critical issues during product design-in at the Customer. Drive any issues to resolution in a timely manner
- Security Designs and Architecture: provide training and design-in support to both internal staff and Sales customers for system level security topics. Support company presence at the industry shows
- Provide project support and maintenance: collect and track project data, generate status reports and statistical analysis reports
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Minimum BSEE or equivalent a working knowledge of the following is required
- Low level hardware and software integration experience (register-level programming).
- C / C++ programming in Microsoft Visual Studio C++ and Linux/GNU development environments
- Experience with software development for Windows and Linux OS environments. System, network and device driver programming experience is preferred
- Experience with mobile phone OS (iOS, Android) and/or embedded RTOS (FreeRTOS, mbed OS or other) software development is preferred
- General understanding of security architecture, protocols and cryptographic algorithms (encryption, authentication, certificates) is desired
- Understanding of the software design process (GIT/BitBucket, Gerrit), ability to create software release documentation and application notes
- Practical knowledge of software Quality Assurance methods is preferred.
- Digital design experience and handling of lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzers) is preferred
- Experience in Windows and Linux system and network configuration and administration
- Direct Customer support experience is preferred
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Advanced Algebra, ability to work with cryptographic concepts
- REASONING ABILITY Innovative thinking and ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems is required.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables together with advanced problem solving skills
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES Requires proficiency with standard office applications including Outlook, Excel, Visio and Word
The Connected Secure Systems (CSS) segment offers comprehensive systems for a secure, networked world with a portfolio built around reliable, trendsetting microcontrollers as well as wireless connectivity and security solutions. Over the past decades, CSS has developed microcontroller, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and combined connectivity solutions (known as connectivity combos) and hardware-based security technologies. The products are used in a broad range of applications: from consumer electronics, IoT and home appliances to IT equipment, cloud security and networked cars all the way to credit and debit cards, electronic passports and IDs. With its leading technologies in the areas of computing, connectivity and security, CSS makes a decisive contribution to protecting today’s and tomorrow’s networked systems.
Click here for more information about working at CSS with interesting employee and management insights and an overview with more #CSSDreamJobs.
What we offer you in Milpitas, CA
Infineon Technologies cares about our employees’ health and well-being, and we are dedicated to offering a competitive, comprehensive, and valuable benefits package for you and your dependents. Our benefits range from medical, Rx, dental, vision, and an employee assistance program. We offer ancillary benefits, such as flexible spending accounts, commuter transit, disability insurance, supplemental life insurance, and legal and identity theft benefits. We believe it is very important for our employees to save now for their future and offer a robust match to contribute to your savings.
Our Milpitas site, located in Silicon Valley, is one of the headquarters for Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. This site is primarily focused on Chip Card and Security and Power Management and Multi-market regional sales, marketing, and distribution.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the Talent Network by phone at (408) 503-2194.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents .
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon’s ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon’s sole discretion.
Infineon is requiring all new U.S. employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
Infineon Technologies takes data privacy and identity theft very seriously. As such, we do not request personally-identifiable information (PII) from applicants over the internet or electronically. Please kindly refrain from disclosing your PII electronically during the application process or to unauthorized websites that may purport to be Infineon or any of our affiliates.
Job ID : 346315
- Address Milpitas, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10