About the job
Lead cross-functional IT Architecture groups that develop solution strategies and review designs from an enterprise perspective.
IT is different here. Our work as technology specialists pushes the boundaries of what is possible in health care. You will build solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives. Driven by the importance of their work, our team members innovate to elevate. We are encouraged to be curious, collaborate, and turn ideas into solutions that can make health care better for all.
As a technical expert, trusted advisor, and partner you will guide company leadership to ensure coherent execution of the technology investments to fully enable the success of the enterprise strategy.
If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
As a Principal Solution Architect you will be responsible for the leadership, analysis, and design of the Data and Analytics Management business capability space supporting our extraordinary company growth projections and digital experiences vision.
What You Will Do
We want strong collaborators who can deliver world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Technology leadership experience in architecting, designing, and building highly scalable cloud-based data applications, preferably in Snowflake.
- Enterprise scale expertise in data architecture, data engineering, and data management including data governance, data security, master data and metadata management, and data quality.
- Practical experience designing event driven architecture, massive parallel and stream processing, microservices, micro-batches, and modern ETL/ELT automation techniques.
- Solid foundation in modern data ecosystem technologies with hands on experience implementing scalable data ingestion, storage, processing, and publication solutions.
- Experience with one or more modern advanced business intelligence & visualization solutions (such as Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, and more).
- High level understanding of data modeling (both normalized and star schemas) with the ability to influence and drive data modeling quality across conceptual, logical, and physical layers.
- Hands on experience designing, building, and optimizing data pipelines & architecture for large scale data warehouse, data lake, and data lake house implementations.
- Experience driving the solution design across teams.
- Design modern current, target and future state architecture optimized for business agility, innovation, performance, resiliency, cost, security, and more using both native and partner solutions.
- Lead large-scale, complex technical requirements elicitation, design, and scoping discussions, internally and/or with existing and potential clients.
- Compose large-scale requirements/user stories into tasks, and accurately estimate the effort for yourself and/or others to complete those tasks.
- JAD session lead with stakeholders on multi-workstream projects of large scale and high complexity.
- Demonstrate a consistent capability for effective project leadership on a variety of projects and project types, including multi-workstream large-scale complex projects.
- Identify problems independently and take proactive ownership of their solution, vet and evaluate others’ proposed solutions, and delegate ownership to others where appropriate.
- Collaborate with business, product, and technology teams early in the product lifecycle to infuse end-to-end architecture thinking, including functional and non-functional aspects, into the conversation. Craft high-level design early in the lifecycle and elaborate it to lower levels of detail as conversation progress.
- Deliver architecture in alignment with our Enterprise Architecture team and advocate for Solution Architecture standards and patterns to guide solution decisions.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (where required)
- 10+ years of progressive design and implementation experience in IT
- 5+ years of previous experience as a Solution Architect
- 5+ years of experience in the following technical disciplines: application development, middleware, database management or operations, security, and integrations.
- 2+ years of Cloud experience
- 2 years of experience working with Agile teams
- In lieu of degree, 12+ years of progressive experience in related field.
- Visual modeling experience using architecture design notation such as ArchiMate or UML.
- Proficiency in defining current and future state architecture models.
- In depth knowledge of cloud technologies including AWS, Confluent Kafka, FHIR, and Snowflake. Familiarity with Postgres and NoSQL
- Experience in data migrations, on-perm applications to cloud.
- Experience in DevOps tools, Automated deployments, and containerization
- Excellent communication skills that translate business problems in technical solutions
- Consult with customers to solve business problems by adapting current technology and/or capitalizing on emerging technology for competitive advantage to meet the strategic objectives.
- Conduct demonstrations and presentations to stakeholders of prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile product teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt, AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Understanding of on-prem legacy applications to new technology applications in the cloud
- Develop patterns and reference architecture that enable the data strategy and drive the modernization of the enterprise data ecosystem.
- Experience aligning data architecture on the target state solution.
- Experience working with other architecture leaders, particularly the Enterprise Architect (possibly on daily basis)
- Lead Solution Architecture designs and coordinates with cross-domain architects and leadership to create the best technical design delivering domain driven, Scalable API based solutions that eliminate outcome sharing across teams.
- Develop blueprint architecture strategies, including multi-year transitions and recommendations to drive transformation and modernization for Enterprise level solutioning.
- Previous work experience within the healthcare industry & familiarity with healthcare data.
- Address Durham, NC (On-site)
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20