When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Verizon Consumer Technology Solutions Group is hiring a Security and Risk Management professional to execute a security compliance program across multiple IT applications. You will have in-depth experience across the Security and Compliance domain and the ability to apply this knowledge to drive cross-organizational initiatives. As a senior individual contributor, you will be responsible to conduct risk assessments, develop action plans to improve application security posture. As a member of the Application Security and Compliance Management team you will work in a fast-paced environment focused on planning and managing security risk for critical applications.
- Work with application teams managing activities related to CPI-810 and PCI compliance, Vulnerability scanning, Threat Modeling.
- Liaise with and offer direction in the related compliance functions to application developers and leaders throughout the Verizon Consumer Group.
- Analyze trends in threat and compliance environment, develop and execute plans for mitigation of risk.
- Act as a focal point during the implementation & delivery of multiple Security projects.
- Lead efforts to promote security awareness including newsletters and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Produce reports and presentations outlining issues, action plans and overall compliance status of the portfolio.
- Communicate progress, findings, and ensure successful resolution of issues.
- Build relationships with program leads, developer, operations and CISO teams to understand how to develop plans that effectively manage security risks.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CISM.
- Two or more years of experience with NIST frameworks.
- Knowledge on Application and Cloud Security industry standards, trends, threats, vulnerabilities, and technology frameworks.
- Agile software development and Project management experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to all audiences.
- Self-directed ability to drive change & manage multiple projects.
- Contributions to the security community such as research, published CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, blogs or publications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Address Basking Ridge, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors