About the job
Requisition Number S2217P Home Org Name Engineering Administration Division Name Samuel Ginn Col of Engineering Position Title Principal Research Scientist/Engineer Job Class Code HC49 Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term Yes Limited Term Length 2 year limited term appointment, continuation of employment will be contingent upon availability of funding Job Summary
This is a pool posting for future vacancies in this job classification.
The Samuel Ginn College of Engineering are seeking candidates for multiple positions of Principal Research Scientist/Engineer VI/VII in anticipation of securing contract funding in multiple areas of engineering and science to include fields such as modeling and simulation; systems engineering and integration; cyber security engineering; critical infrastructure protection; advanced manufacturing; additive manufacturing; materials science and engineering; assured position, navigation and timing; propulsion systems and project management on multiple programs funded by government and private industry. These positions will be located in Auburn, Alabama and will report to the Associate Dean for Research, College of Engineering. The successful candidates may also work with leaders of other units such as Auburn’s McCrary Institute for Cyber and Critical Infrastructure Security, Cyber Research Center, National Center for Additive Manufacturing Excellence, and the Huntsville Research Center to identify and develop potential research sponsors in the strategic focus areas of Auburn University research.
Major responsibilities include providing technical expertise, through the various Auburn programs in subjects such as those listed above directly to government and industry sponsors.
The successful candidate will provide technical support for one or more of the following types of activities:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to senior leaders in government and industry related to subjects such as cyber security threats and subsequent threat mitigation strategies and methods.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to senior leaders in government and industry related to protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure systems (energy, water, transportation, food, commerce, etc.).
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to industry and government sponsors in the broad areas of modeling, simulation, and systems engineering and integration.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to senior leaders in government and industry related to additive manufacturing, advanced manufacturing, and advanced materials.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to senior leaders in government and industry related to vehicle dynamics and assured position, navigation, and timing.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to NASA and industry senior leaders in payload integration including requirement definition and verification / validation of potential exploration payloads.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to NASA and industry senior leaders in development and integration of NASA’s launch vehicles and exploration programs.
- Collaborate with the nation’s community of industry, government, and academia on national policy and technology that affects various defense, aerospace, manufacturing, and related industry sectors along with federal, state, and local government agencies.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts contract research and creates progress and final reports as necessary; provides technical management of research contracts and oversees the content and timeliness of contract deliverables.
- Develops research proposals and budgets.
- Coordinates research opportunities between Auburn University faculty and staff, local government agencies, and private industries.
- Initiates and cultivates relationships with agencies and industries in order to build research and educational programs for Auburn University.
- Establishes and grows research funding for Auburn University by pursuing local opportunities.
- Interfaces with Auburn University faculty and staff to build an in-depth knowledge of on-campus research capabilities.
- Candidate may supervise employees but supervision is not the main focus of the job; responsibilities could include training, mentoring, evaluating, and making or recommending pay, promotion or other employment decisions.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity. Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach our candidates.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly (www.auemployment.com)
- * Do you have a PhD from an accredited institution in Engineering, science, management information science (MIS), or related technical field?
- * How many years of experience do you possess in engineering and research practices and principles, or science-based programs? (Open Ended Question)
- Address Auburn, Alabama, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10