Principal Product Security Engineer
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, executive vice president, chief technology officer and environmental responsibility at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Principal Product Security Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Acting as the security lead on projects, advocating security as it relates to all aspects of design work from other engineers, mechanical, electrical and software, to complete the design and development of secure products
- Championing security throughout the development lifecycle
- Performing product and device-oriented cybersecurity related activities including risk management, architectural reviews and recommendations, vulnerability analysis and mitigation, incident response, etc.
- Working closely with the 3M Health Care security organization to learn and drive operational effectiveness
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of combined experience in engineering, cybersecurity and/or IT in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience in Health Care industry or other regulated industry
- Advanced technical security certifications such as SANS or similar
- Experience with IOT, Medical Device Risk and Security, Communications Security
- Experience/Familiarity with FedRAMP, NIST Security Frameworks
- Knowledge and/or experience in Medical Device Security and/or Embedded Systems and Software Security
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Location: Maplewood, MN preferred, but open to remote based work
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Job ID : R01060132
- Address Maplewood, MN, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10