About the job
Microsoft is seeking a Principal PM Manager – Security to join the Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) organization as we undergo the journey to ensure that the right devices get access to the right resources at the right time, protected each step of the way.
We are looking for someone who is highly customer focused with the right combination of curiosity, technical aptitude, and communication skills to become a Principal Program Management Manager for the Endpoint Protection Services team. With your experience in leading engineering functions, mentoring and nurturing teams, you will help evolve our security programs in support of our digital transformation and provide for hundreds of thousands of employees as they seek to empower every person on the planet to accomplish more.
You will be part of a high-performing security organization and will help protect Microsoft’s enterprise. You will foster partnerships with other security teams and organizations to strengthen Microsoft’s security posture, with an eye toward enabling the business. Your ability to anticipate issues and challenges, excellence in driving for results, and cross-team collaboration will be essential to your success.
Oh, and there are a ton of challenges that arise every day in this job! Since we’re a security team, we focus a good deal on security technologies, so a background in security is a plus but it’s not a prerequisite. What’s super important is that you can show empathy for customers, business outcomes and plans, and are proficient at guiding teamwork to deliver great security solutions to our partners.
The Endpoint Protection Services team is a fun, dynamic, supportive community of program and service managers who are committed to delivering the best solutions and services to our customers. We get to develop and run security services at extremely large scale, which presents challenges we love to solve. If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us!
Preferred work locations:
Possible Remote in the U.S.
- Lead a cross-functional, highly visible, service team supporting multiple services and partners.
- Support and nurture Program Managers and Service Managers across varying experience levels, with an emphasis on continuous learning and career development.
- Create clarity and generate energy within the team; deliver success for DSRE.
- Drive security objectives with measurable key results throughout the organization and obtain support from external stakeholders.
- Identify tactical and strategic opportunities to improve service health, drive down risk and improve the security posture of Microsoft.
- Represent the service and communicate its needs effectively at all levels.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partner teams; creating opportunities to contribute to the success of others or leverage their efforts to achieve internal goals.
- Maintain unwavering customer focus.
- Influence without authority with teams and stakeholders from other organizations
- 8+ years of work experience as a program manager.
- 5+ years of people manager experience.
- 3+ years of cyber security experience.
- BS in a computer science or security related degree
- Specific experience in Vulnerability Management, Antimalware or protecting devices connected to an Internet Edge or running other large scale security programs.
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions with measurable results.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication and leadership presentation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
- Address Redmond, WA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20