Job Description Summary
As a Principal Microelectronic Systems Architect, you will guide the development of the next-generation of embedded controls for GE applications in Aviation, Avionics, Power, and Healthcare using SoC, FPGA, and ASIC-based solutions. In addition, you will engage with industry and standards bodies to shape the development of components and software for future control systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
Define, model, simulate, design, implement, analyze, and realize critical electronics systems – applications of these systems include avionics, engine and turbine controls, healthcare controls, electric power generation, and communication hardware. You will develop advanced solutions in FPGAs, SoCs, and ASICs, defining and executing hardware and software solutions.
- Work with our teams in Aviation, Aviation Systems, Power, Renewable Energy, Healthcare, and others to create leading embedded electronics solutions.
- Advance embedded electronics technologies through collaboration with universities, customers, and other GE partners.
- Interpret larger system requirements and flow down needs as it relates to embedded, microelectronic designs.
- Generate intellectual property in the field of microelectronics and embedded systems.
- Share technical knowledge with others in the group, team and across the organization; Interact and collaborate with technical colleagues and cross-organizational groups
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with at least 10 years of relevant experience OR BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- High integrity application experience, with a focus on avionic or energy applications (Safety Critical i.e. DO-178, DO-254, ASIL/ISO-26262, IEC 61508)
- Demonstrated experience in designing systems in FPGAs, SoCs, or ASICs and their associated tools
- Hardware design experience using VHDL or Verilog
- Demonstrated core expertise in embedded systems & microcontrollers
- Willingness to travel to customer sites
- Due to the nature of the duties of this position, this role requires the individual to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
- Will consider remote work arrangements
- Must be 18 years or older
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
- Experience developing embedded logic in an ASIC implementation, including hands-on experience with synthesis, physical implementation, and post-fabrication testing
- Experience certifying new systems and technologies with certifications agencies such as FAA, EASA, and/or similar
- Demonstrated engagement with leading semiconductor suppliers and component manufacturers and industry standards bodies
- Programming experience in MATLAB, C/C++, or similar
- Embedded Linux proficiency (i.e. understanding of file system/directory tree, ability to create a distro, working knowledge of Docker, etc.)
- Experience with cyber-security implementation
- Design and synthesis experience using Cadence, Mentor, or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Address Niskayuna, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Masters