The Principal Security Engineer, Data Protection is responsible for coordinating and establishing the direction of the Data Loss Protection (DLP) program for Blackbaud. This role collaborates and counsels with various business lines while continually configuring and enhancing DLP tools, with an understanding of Blackbaud’s data and information classifications, intentional and unintentional data loss threats, and process, technologies and services handling critical information.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensures integrity and security of information across multiple platforms for structured and unstructured data within on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure
- Configures, designs and implements data protection, encryption in transit, encryption at rest, cloud KMS, cloud DLP and cloud security compliance
- Provides risk-mitigation recommendations; builds (or review and validate) requirements to maintain or enhance technical and operational controls that ensure the protection of sensitive data
- Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of data protection systems as needed in order to tune security configurations to reduce false positive events while improving detection of high quality, quantifiable and measurable risk events
- Creates strategic business value by introducing, developing or offering breakthrough data protection products, services or technological advancements
- Influences and gains support from others at all levels in the organization; influences leaders across disciplines on feasibility and priority
- Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
- Stays current with industry trends with the ability to help train individuals/teams on evolving concepts
- Mentors the activities of teams
What we’d like you to have:
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5+ years applied industry experience; or equivalent experience
- Expert with Data Protection technologies (CASB, proxy, network DLP, endpoint DLP, data discovery, key management, tokenization, encryption, etc.); seen as the ‘go to’ to person for the toughest technical or leadership challenges
- Strong communication and influencing skills with strong ability to balance differing stakeholder interests through sound analysis and persuasion to promote a mature security program
- A passing knowledge of cross-team architecture outside of the data protection domain
- Self-directing with the demonstrated ability to make timely and quality decisions under pressure
- Applicable Security Certifications – CISSP, GIAC Certifications, CISM, CISA, Security+
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A notice to candidates: Recruitment Fraudulent Alert: Your personal information and online safety as a candidate mean a lot to us! At Blackbaud and our portfolio of companies, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official careers page at https://careers.blackbaud.com/us/en or our official LinkedIn page. Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers, or conduct interviews via Skype. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not a representative of Blackbaud. If you are unsure if a message is from Blackbaud, please email email@example.com.
The starting base pay is $117,200.00 to $157,500.00. Blackbaud may pay more or less based on employee qualifications, market value, Company finances, and other operational considerations.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-first workforce
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Generous Parental Leave
- Volunteer for vacation
- Opportunities to connect to build community and belonging
- Pet insurance, legal and identity protection
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Address South Carolina, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20