At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks protects tens of thousands of people every day from Cyber bad-actors, but who protects Palo Alto Networks? The Palo Alto Networks Enterprise Cloud Security team has this incredible responsibility and, as a Principal Cloud Security Engineer, it’s your job to protect the team so we can protect the world! Working within a GCP environment, you will maintain our FedRAMP SaaS platform, assuring continuous reliability and efficiency.
- Analyze technical risks of existing network / system and application architectures (IAAS/PAAS/SAAS and on premise) against correlating policies and risks, and provides appropriate remediation or risk reduction plans
- Evaluates ongoing practices and procedures, technical documentation, and diagrams for appropriate security measure maturity and effectiveness
- Independently leads projects, coordinates with team members and other technical departments, ensuring proper communication and management of the overall success through completion
- Generates and monitors effective and actionable Information Security reporting across the InfoSec technical landscape and provides pertinent input to briefing presentations
- Provides consulting on best practices to internal customers to ensure processes are embedded at the correct time and frequency and to ensure compliance to security standards
- Define technical control requirements, evaluate existing tool effectiveness, and propose solutions to enhance the company‘s security posture
- 7-10 years of combined experience as an software engineer, infrastructure engineer, network engineer or cloud security engineer
- In depth knowledge with public cloud architecture, such as GCP, AWS and Azure, and virtualization technologies, such as kubernetes, VMware and OpenStack
- In depth knowledge of threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication and authorization
- The ability to design, install and maintain security controls over multi-cloud networks
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Linux OS, MS and iOS operating systems
- Possesses knowledge in; VPN, VRF, MPLS, and network routing
- Experience in security engineering related to vulnerability management, intrusion prevention, data protection, monitoring, analytical and correlation tools a PLUS
- Certification in any of the following a plus: PCNSE; Google Cloud Architect; AWS Cloud Architect; CISSP-ISSEP – Sec. Eng. Professional; GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (DCED); CCSP, Splunk Cert. Enterprise Security Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about the amazing work experience at Palo Alto Networks here!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
Job ID : 3000922
- Address Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10