The Principal Automation Control Engineer under little or no supervision, chooses hardware, develops software and documentation. Verifies and maintains compliance to appropriate code and in-house standards and practices. Mentors junior level engineers and manages 3rd party contractors. Recommends technical direction and new technologies. Utilizes ‘off the shelf’ and custom solutions to solve and improve manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoots, debugs, starts-up and maintains new and currently installed automated machines. Takes lead role and responsibility of major projects. Presents ideas and concepts to project stakeholders.
This role is remote, but will have travel responsibilities to manufacturing sites around the United States.
Develops solution to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within organization.
Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Lead PLC/SCADA standardization across the manufacturing network
- Provide technical support to operations and project teams to solve dynamic problems and improve productivity
- Support standardization and continuous improvement of KDP manufacturing data collection and reporting systems
- Work with internal and 3rd party support teams to drive technical issues to resolution
- Contribute to the development of strategic initiatives such as predictive analytics, IIOT and advanced automation concepts
- Work with IT teams to ensure seamless patching and updates to manufacturing applications and servers
- Work with IT teams to deliver best in class OT cybersecurity
- Maintain controls & automation equipment standards
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10+ Years of Industrial Automation experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of capital engineering project-based experience.
- Extensive PLC programming experience is required. Prefer Allen-Bradley systems experience including, but not limited to, the Rockwell FactoryTalk suite of software, Logixplatform, and proficient understanding of Allen-Bradley industrial networks required.
- Good working knowledge of SCADA systems preferably GE iFix and and/or Ignition.
- 5+ years of process and/or packaging automation experience.
- Good working knowledge of variable speed and servo drives.
- Good working knowledge of robotic control systems, preferably GE-Fanuc.
- Possess a good understanding of computer and industrial networks.
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- GE Plant Applications experience a plus.
- Siemens, B&R, Beckhoff development experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of databases a plus.
- Preferred experience with technologies including CSD, Juices and Teas, Aseptic, Coffee handling and production, manufacturing equipment including Fillers, Cappers, Conveyance, Packers, Palletizers, Control Systems, RO, and Batch/CIP systems.
Req : 55877