Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Principal Application Security Engineer to join our Informatics organization.
As Principal Application Security Engineer you will drive the design of cyber security standards and controls on Waters cloud platform, define secure development practices, identify threats and risks, lead “secure by design” culture, and build security into Waters’ Cloud Platform and multi-tenant SaaS applications. You will be acting as a subject matter expert for our Cloud environment and helping design solutions and practices for hard to solve security problems. You will be driving adoption of Policy as Code, adherence to software security metrics, leading vulnerability management efforts and implementing our Cloud Platform and SaaS applications Security Blueprint.
A self-starter attitude, excellent communication, collaboration skills and dedication to innovative technologies are critical to this role.
- Implement Cloud Platform and Application Security Blueprint and drive adoption of standardized methodologies, libraries, and Tools
- As a security SME, own identification and remediation of vulnerabilities within Platform and SaaS applications codebase, as well as 3rd party dependencies, with focus on maturing Security Engineering beyond OWASP Top Ten
- Define secure coding practices and guidance, conduct security reviews and drive down security related technical debt
- Develop scripts and tooling to “shift-left” common security tasks to DevSecOps;
- Participate in and support security feature reviews and threat modelling;
- Contribute to a secure/compliant cloud-native service catalog
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to implement and automate security controls and processes cloud-native security monitoring, tooling and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in a software organization
- 3+ years experience in a Security Engineering role with specific focus on vulnerability management and secure coding
- Expertise in identifying and remediating OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities and beyond
- Expertise with AWS security services as well as AWS foundational services and Docker/Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of common security controls frameworks and cloud security best practices;
- One of security certifications, such as CISSP, GSEC, AWS-SAA, and / or AWS-SEC preferred
Waters Is a Great Place To Be A Software Engineer
- 10% Engineering Time for you to make Waters better in any way you choose!
- A learning budget for everyone!
- Great culture
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world’s leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
System ID 12789
- Address Milford, MA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10