About the job
Looking for Quality Assurance Engineer specializing in testing and test automation
development for networking and server appliance hardware platforms. This individual will work closely with the development and QA teams to develop a comprehensive test plan, execute tests and develop automated tests on server/appliance/switch hardware platforms as well as cables and transceivers. The candidate must demonstrate strong familiarity with Linux as well as server and switch hardware architectures and testing.
- BS in CS or equivalent but MS preferred
- At least 5-10 years of industry experience in the networking or server hardware testing
- Very strong programming skills in Python or equivalent scripting language
- Strong knowledge of L2/L3 networking, network security, or monitoring technologies
- Ability to understand, develop and execute manual/automated test cases.
- Strong familiarity with networking hardware (switches, servers, cables, optics, and NICs)
- Ability to operate and maintain network configuration of multiple vendor CLI is a plus
- Experience using a variety of test tools such as Wireshark, Ixia, and Spirent is desired.
- Solid understanding of Linux boot sequence and driver architecture
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.
Optional but preferred:
- Master’s Degree or higher in CS or equivalent
- Familiarity with firmware technologies such as BIOS, CPLD, and IPMI
- Familiarity with various networking cable and transceiver types.
- Ability to build, upgrade and maintain a physical test topology in a remote lab environment
- Ability to debug complex problems and isolate software bugs from hardware issues
- Ability to do multitasking and context switching between tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer focus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Where legally permitted, Arista requires all candidates for U.S.-based positions to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved accommodation under applicable law. Candidates anticipating seeking an exemption should contact Arista HR before their start date. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Arista’s vaccination policy.
- Salary Offer $92,000/yr - $158,000/yr
- Address Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10