About the job
The ICON technology team is adding a talented Platform Reliability Engineer to our team to work with engineers to effectively test and deploy code using DevOps best practices. This engineer will help bridge the gap between engineers that code and ICON’s Operation teams. This role reports to the Director of Controls Engineering and is based out of our Austin, TX campus.
- Collaborate with development teams to deploy new code to 3D printers.
- Implement and support environments to test code before deployment.
- Develop solutions to automate code testing and deployment.
- Develop solutions to proactively monitor deployed printers.
- Provide technical support to ICON’s Engineering Support Services team by troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues related to the 3D printers.
- Work with ICON’s Manufacturing department to commission new 3D printers.
- Develop solutions to increase the Engineering Support Service team’s ability to troubleshoot ICON’s 3D printers.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Controls Engineering, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience in system administration and support of server or code implementations and/or support (Windows and Linux).
- Experience with PowerShell and Bash scripting.
- Exposure to Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft O365).
- DevOps (CI/CD) experience.
- Experience using Github to collaborate with a development team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of LAN, WAN, SD-Access, SDWAN.
- Strong Routing and switching skills (CCNA, CCNP).
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc).
- Working knowledge of network security and compliance (encryption, security audit).
- Prior start-up experience.
- Fluency in IEC 61131-3 languages, especially Beckhoff TwinCAT.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an innovative, inclusive, and discrimination-free work environment. Employment with ICON is based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), genetic trait, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. If there are accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5