About the job
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home, and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
The Platform Engineer develops and maintains desktop, mobile device, server, network, and code deployment infrastructure for the enterprise. Platform engineers must ensure reliable, performant and cost-effective capabilities to run business software. Platform Engineers must understand current and future technical platforms from the hardware, operating system, communications, security, and system services layers. They are responsible to plan, design, and build the standard platforms for the company.
- Focus on internal and external customer requirements
- Interact with business customers as defined by project objectives
- Participate in developing time estimates for project schedules
- Keep project plans updated as required
- Document and communicate assigned work and progress to immediate project team, and management
- Communicate problems or issues in a timely manner
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments
- Analyze and resolve problems of medium complexity
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution with minimal supervision
- Provide effective resolution and follow-up of problems as they occur
- Analyze trends to proactively prevent problems
- Install, customize, develop, implement, and maintain computer/network systems developed internally and/or in conjunction with outside vendor
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies
- Assist project teams/business customers in evaluating, developing, implementing and supporting system architecture components
- Deliver and implement a standard software hosting environment based on knowledge of best practices
- Ensure infrastructure is patched and secured as per policies and modern best-practices
- Participate and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution
- Participate in system testing
- Completes tasks with minimal direction
- Test and implement system components using techniques that preserve system integrity
- Ensure that system software is functionally appropriate, technically sound and integrated
- Understand implications of situations and proactively lead cross-functional problem resolution
- Responsible for immediate response to production system and environment problems
- Provide technical problem resolution
- Assure functional and technical integrity of system
- Input to budget
- Perform technical cost-benefit analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (in lieu of degree – 4 years of experience in Engineering or IT)
- 2 years of experience in Engineering or Information Technology (Or 1 year of working in Hawaiian Airlines IT)
- Knowledgeable of the Software Development & Deployment Life Cycle process and actively participate in it
- Experience with Writing/Configuring/Developing infrastructure code
- Ability to support critical backend systems and environments
- Experience decomposing business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code
- Proven experience building solutions that utilize the enterprise monitoring/logging, are “self-healing”, and require minimal to zero maintenance
- Ability to construct & document business processes within core technical areas
- Ability to create Knowledge documents for use in training operations personnel on the deployment, support and maintenance of environments and platforms
- Proficient knowledge of computer/network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts, and technology
- Ability, within specific technology areas to independently, perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development and implementation
- Must be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 Vaccine by date of hire
- All applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted, and they must successfully pass the drug test. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- B.S., Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems
- Industry Experience
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 17 years (2004-2020) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation and was named No. 1 U.S. airline by Condé Nast Traveler’s 2021 Reader’s Choice Awards. Consumer surveys by Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawaiʻi.
Now in its 93rd year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaiʻi’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers approximately 130 flights within the Hawaiian Islands, daily nonstop flights between Hawaiʻi and 16 U.S. gateway cities – more than any other airline – as well as service connecting Honolulu and American Samoa, Japan, South Korea, Sydney, and Tahiti. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian’s Auckland flights remain suspended.
The airline is committed to connecting people with aloha by offering complimentary meals for all guests on transpacific routes and the convenience of no change fees on Main Cabin and Premium Cabin seats. HawaiianMiles members also enjoy flexibility with miles that never expire.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com . Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates ( @HawaiianAir ), become a fan on Facebook ( Hawaiian Airlines ), and follow us on Instagram ( hawaiianairlines ). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom .
- Address Honolulu Metropolitan Area
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5