Information Technology – Des Moines, Iowa,
Req ID: 219699W-01
Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
OT Cybersecurity Specialist
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience™ creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve – we hope you’ll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code – we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience™ includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
OT Cybersecurity Specialist is responsible for providing cybersecurity services for operating technologies (OT) within our global manufacturing environments, product lines, projects, and digital services. This role will be responsible for the governance, risk assessment, architecture, and incident response coordination within these environments. The ideal candidate will have experience in both information security and automation technologies focusing on industrial controls systems. Additional responsibilities include serving as a member of the Enterprise Cybersecurity team and providing global incident response support as a member of the Cybersecurity Incident Response Team, representing OT cybersecurity requirements into Enterprise cybersecurity strategies, and working closely with Process Automation and Engineering teams to improve the security and reliability of OT systems and networks.
Primary Responsibilities – How will you help us Grow
- Primary Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and OT cybersecurity liaison for global manufacturing environments, product lines, projects, and digital services.
- Write, review, and maintain documents, policies, and standards governing the cybersecurity requirements for the OT environment.
- Develop cybersecurity technology implementation strategies for OT environments with clear understanding of the differences between IT and OT environments (e.g. 24×7 production operating model, safety and environmental risk factors, patching and anti-virus processes, segmentation requirements and security policies in ICS environments, etc.).
- Lead and execute risk based methodologies for cybersecurity assessments of ICS systems, including remote sites, onsite and third parties.
- Development and execution of OT cybersecurity training and awareness program.
- Create technical design documentation and write technical reports for both technical and management consumption and understanding.
- Establish metrics and key performance indicators to monitor the overall health and effectiveness of the OT cybersecurity program.
- Stay informed about the latest cyber threats to the OT and ICS environment including threats towards the organization.
- Develop strategies and plans to mitigate emerging cyber threats.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred. We will consider individulas who have other types of degrees as well.
- ICS-related certification (e.g. SANS GICSP). CISSP, and/or CISM, GSEC a plus
- 10+ years Information Security Experience, with a minimum of 3 years in Industrial Automation & Control Systems.
- Knowledge of industrial control systems security standards and reference models (IEC 62443, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Purdue reference model).
- Experience with operational technologies such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software, and Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Fundamental understanding of IT and OT network communication protocols (For example: TCP/IP, UDP, DNP3, Modbus, IEC 61850, OPC, OPC UA, PROFINET, etc.).
- Excellent technical leadership skills.
- Proven experience with risk assessment methodologies.
- Understanding of cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits specific to ICS (BlackEnergy, IronGate, Havex).
- Able to work effectively in a matrix-management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of project management knowledge areas.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
Work Environment: Office work environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting and operating a computer and meeting with customers. Travel to other Corteva sites may be required (40%).
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages of working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Address Des Moines, IA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20