Date: Oct 6, 2021
Location: Cleveland, OH, US, 44117
Company: Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 20208
PURPOSE: The Operational Technology (OT) Engineer is a member of the Plant Engineering team that implements OT projects and provides OT support for the Consumable and Machine divisions of the Cleveland Operations. OT Engineers are responsible for the physical machine hardware used in manufacturing, the networks that connect them, and the software controlling them.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Responsible for the OT systems including hardware design, software design, design documentation, networking, data acquisition, equipment installation, equipment debug, and support.
- Work closely with the Plant Engineering, MES, IT, Maintenance, and Production teams to support production and facility projects that involve networking, PLCs, HMIs, and associated software.
- Collaborate with multiple Operations teams to meet current and future continuous improvement project goals.
- Estimates time and cost for new projects and installations.
- Review capital equipment quotations to ensure equipment meets OT specifications.
- Provide on-site assistance troubleshooting and remediating hardware, software, and network issues on production floor with Plant Engineering, Maintenance, and IT.
- Reduce downtime on production equipment due to OT issues.
- Maximizing system availability and performance through fault-tolerant design and proactively monitoring.
- Support network backup and device patching management process.
- Assist in inventory and asset management of OT resources, including software, servers, devices, and workstations.
- Improve system and maintenance performance based on availability and reliability.
- Review security vulnerabilities and request appropriate remediation form respective teams.
- Compiling data generated from connected OT devices and making it available to the users throughout the organization.
- Develops and applies standards for OT hardware and software systems.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned to support Lincoln Electric Company’s 2025 Higher Standard Strategy.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Experience with automation hardware and software platforms, including PLC and HMI.
- Experience with OPC UA.
- Experience with database queries and basic database.
- Experience with cyber security fundamentals.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot industrial network connected devices within an industrial environment.
- LAN networks, basic knowledge of common tcp/ip protocols and network topologies.
- Critical think with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignment and changing priorities.
- Work effectively with employees on all levels of the organization.
- Provide excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to occasionally work off shifts and travel between facilities in Northeast Ohio.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Support
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Welding, Database, Machinist, Network, Manufacturing, Technology
- Address Cleveland, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors