Full Job Description
Become a member of one of the largest engineering companies in the world!
The Data Process Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Offensive Security Research(OSR) group has an exciting opportunity in the Xeon Datacenter team that will take your hacker skills to the next level. Primarily focusing on server CPUs (Atom and Xeon based), accompanying chipsets, platforms and secure technologies.
DPEA-OSR has as an objective to lead proactive Intel focus on security assurance to establish and maintain trust in Intel Products, Services and Platforms; using the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) as a reference to help drive high-quality security outcomes in product and services development at Intel.
Roles responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Responsible for leading or taking an active role in complex, multidisciplinary security research projects.
- Commands deep pervasive pulse on Intel business/technologies and emerging threat landscape in hacker community to prioritize offensive security research focus.
- Navigate around ambiguities and obstacles to independently solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated expertise in vulnerability discovery, analysis and exploitation.
- Explores and invents software and hardware techniques as a method of attack against compute targets.
- Develops proof of concepts to characterize exploitability and impacts.
- Recommends systemic mitigations and demonstrates their robustness across a diverse portfolio of products.
- Leads automation pathfinding to improve security assurance capabilities of product teams.
- Shares expert insights and new learning and contributes intellectual property to internal and external communities.
- Demonstrates effective communication with executives and productive collaboration with peer researchers.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Written/verbal communication skills working directly with executives and productive collaboration with peer researchers.
- The ideal candidate will have a self-directed work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- Work within a team environment facing fast changing requirements and complicated stakeholders.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a positive factor in identifying top candidates. Requirements listed may be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
The candidate must have a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Minimum of 5+ years of experience in:
- Exploring software and/or hardware techniques as a method of attack against targets within the computing systems.
- Security code review, analysis, and/or vulnerability assessment.
- Security testing techniques including fuzzing and/or pen-testing.
- Security technologies such as authentication, cryptography, secure protocols, etc.
- Computer architecture: GFX, CPU, SoC, chipsets, BIOS, Firmware, Drivers, and/or others.
- Experience in reverse engineering.
- System security research.
- Exploitation and mitigation technique developments.
- Expertise in architecting, strategizing and evangelizing advanced product security countermeasures into products is valuable.
- Experience with security threats, vulnerability research along with practicing security development lifecycle practices.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world’s most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel’s most important business and solve the world’s most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- Address Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Masters