When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Network and Security Operations Center (NSOC) is a team of skilled engineers developing unique and innovative solutions to deliver sustainable network and security services to Verizon’s customers. The NSOC delivers 24×7 monitored network and security services, performs real-time monitoring, fault isolation, and incident resolution for multiple complex, and global networks. Members of the NSOC learn and adapt to the latest network and security technologies, and are encouraged to strengthen the team through sharing and collaboration. Our team partners with vendors, project managers, and engineering teams to develop, maintain, and deliver robust and scalable services to our customers. NSOC engineers are empowered to work on ad hoc projects, driving the continuous process improvement cycle, developing new efficiencies, and automation improvements for the team.
- Network Management Systems (NMS) administration, including system management, code upgrades, and rules development. Additional NMS responsibilities may include the design and implementation of unique monitoring and reporting solutions, leveraging SNMP and scripting languages to various degrees.
- Conduct security vulnerability assessments including, but not limited to, vulnerability scanning, compliance auditing, impact analysis, and risk assessments.
- Ensure security log flow from various security devices and appliances to the SIEM system.
- Configure advanced system views and reports within the SIEM in order to prioritize and monitor security events with the intention of analyzing and mitigating incidents before they evolve.
- Engage in the Incident Response Lifecycle to mitigate, circumvent, and prevent attacker objectives; including the validation and authorship of use cases and functions leveraging event data, SIEM log analysis, and network data analysis tools.
- Lead threat hunting activities across Windows, Linux, and network systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of network and security-related technologies in support of a multi-vendor, multi-platform environment. Apply knowledge and experience to develop an understanding of complex network architectures and security dependencies.
- Configure and maintain PBX telephony equipment such as Avaya, Digium, or Cisco.
- Diagnose and isolate problems within a meshed layer 1 transport system that uses DWDM or other multiplexing technologies; to include legacy TDM like DS1s and OC3 – OC192 circuits as well as newer systems utilizing 1G-100G Ethernet.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or information technology or related discipline.
- Three or more years of experience with network troubleshooting and incident response.
- Professional (Tier II) to expert level (Tier III) knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, event collection, content development, and log data optimization, web proxies, content filters, or e-mail protection devices, firewalls (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto), vulnerability and compliance scanners, network traffic flow devices (e.g. Gigamon, Netoptics), network technologies such as SONET, TDM, DWDM, TCP/IP, routing, and switching, and systems knowledge of Linux, Windows, and virtualization (Hyper-V/ESXi).
- Verbal and written communication skills are needed to relay clear coordination and troubleshooting information across multiple shifts and work centers.
- Willingness to work shift work as needed.
- Eligibility to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Address Richardson, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors