About the job
The NOC Associate is an entry level role within the Cboe NOC team. The Cboe NOC is a multi-tiered, customer-focused, highly skilled network support team responsible for engineering, implementing and maintaining edge routing infrastructure for all trading platforms, including open outcry supporting systems on the Cboe Floor. The NOC bridges the knowledge gap between Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Trade Desk. This role is responsible for providing first level world class support in conjunction with solving problems, monitoring Cboe’s global network infrastructure, ensuring network devices maintain a healthy state, and troubleshooting when they are not. NOC Associates will work closely with customer Network Engineers and Data Center Technicians to implement connectivity solutions and troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues. A NOC Associate will often require supervisory support and/or support from their peers in conducting their day to day responsibilities.
Major Job Duties
- With supervision, provide customers and the sales coverage team support and training related to Cboe network connectivity. Service the NOC Hotline as well as email support tickets directed to the Cboe NOC Jira queue. Provide timely and professional outbound communications to firms regarding project timelines or infrastructure affecting maintenance. During the hours when the NOC is not staffed, a rotational on call schedule is adhered to.
- With supervision, onboard new customer direct connections, provision new circuits and process circuit terminations within data centers. Configure customer access for market data products based on entitlements. Ensure fair market access by certifying customer connections in all latency equalized trading environments. Deploy new network configuration and assist with testing of customer access to trade entry or market data dissemination systems to support existing customer connectivity as needed. Participate in internal and industry-wide weekend testing as needed.
- During trading hours, proactively monitor customer connectivity, market access connectivity in real-time for state changes, wired\wireless connectivity on the Cboe Trading Floor, physical interface level errors, and other conditions such as TCP retransmits in order to minimize Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) in the event error conditions are detected. Engage customers based on red to green monitoring or statistic-based alarms. Monitor uplinks to back-end trading infrastructure and monitor public facing Cboe web sites for availability. Escalate technical issues appropriately.
- Respond to customer multicast gap claims and provide relevant troubleshooting information. Perform packet captures and network packet inspection to explain complex technical issues, perform root cause analysis, and address problem management occurrences.
High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical or Vocational School
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Business, Financial Services, Communications, or a related discipline.
Certifications and/or Licenses
One Or More Of The Following
- Cisco or AWS Associate, Specialist, or Higher Level Certification
- CompTia Security+, Network+
- Corvil Certified Administrator/Expert
- Logic Monitor Certified Expert
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate or Higher
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our associates’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English & Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Salary Offer $20.000 ~ $50.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5