- Irvine, CA
- Business Function: Firmware Engineering
- Work Location: Irvine Office–LOC_WDT_USCA01
- Job Type (exemption status): Exempt position – Please see related compensation & benefits details below
- Salary Range (HR to Populate): 62,000.00-99,000.00
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
We are seeking a highly motivated new or recent college grad to start their career and contribute hands-on with our HDD Product & Development Security Firmware Engineering team. Ideal candidates completed or will complete a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Math or a related field and graduated between May 2021 and May 2022.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Participate in designing, implementing and testing the Security features for a Hard Storage Drive
- Work closely with the Security Architects, Designers to design the Security Firmware
- Deploy, configure, and monitor new security tools under Windows and Linux development environments
- Perform troubleshooting, testing and other failure-analysis activities using various commercial and inhouse built tools and techniques
About the LAUNCH New College Graduate Program - Upon being hired for a new college graduate role, you will be included in the LAUNCH Program. LAUNCH is a supplemental, year-long program to provide you with company insights and culture. In this program, you will navigate the start of your career towards your long-term aspirations. Program elements include:
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion efforts and our Business Resource Groups networking
- Health & wellness events
- Philanthropic events
- Rewards & Recognition insight
- Exposure to training opportunities
- Professional insights from leaders and professionals
- Engaging networking activities with cohort
- New or recent college grad who completed or will complete a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Math or a related field and graduated between May 2021 and May 2022
- Working knowledge of one or more of the programming languages (Eg. C, C++, Python), knowledge of cryptography and interest in security a plus
- Right to work in the US without requiring Western Digital to commence or sponsor an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work on the resolution of any issue and to interact with various interdepartmental teams and support organizations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, project driving skills, and capable of managing projects with set milestones and timeline
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will also be eligible to participate in Western Digital’s Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan and to receive equity awards under our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs), pursuant to the terms of these programs. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company‘s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
- Salary Offer $62,000.00-$99,000.00
- Address Irvine, CA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5