About the job
This Network & Telecommunications Manager role is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of Network and Telecommunication operations and initiatives across the enterprise. Specific responsibilities span operational management, service management, and planning processes to ensure quality, stability, and agility goals are achieved today and in the future. This individual will have strong skills in network and telecommunication technology, solid enterprise IT experience, strong project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, plus a service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations.
This opportunity is eligible for remote work
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
- Ensure timely delivery, stability, and overall governance of network and telecommunication services
- Drive operational metrics and reporting
- Coordinate and prioritize all activities, escalations, including testing, and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes within the network and telecommunication areas.
- Manage system and network capacity based on deliverables of managed service provider to provide proper end user experience
- Understand capabilities and limitations of technical architecture/solutions in network and telecommunication areas and provide expertise on current processes and procedures
- Provide oversight to ensure that technical changes accurately address issues reported
- Ensure adherence to documented processes and procedures
- Create technical roadmaps in network and telecommunication areas
- Ensure associated third party vendors in area are paid on-time and ensure unused services are cancelled
- Provide solution assessments and architecture in coordination with enterprise architect
- Collaborate, review, and approve deliverables produced by the managed service provider and other third-party vendors
- Create IT specifications based on general requirements.
- Assess critical path and assist in implementation of any projects required
- Manage scope and act as scrum masters for enhancements and projects
- Track progress & quality of work against delivery plan
Cross Functional Support for Network and Telecom
IT Operations Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Availability Management
- Access Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Knowledge Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Continual Service Improvement
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Supplier Management
Transition Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Validation and Testing Management
- Information Security Management
- Evaluation Management
Thinks from the Future
- Makes fact-based decisions – is not swayed by contrary opinions or perceptions
- Is continually curious and open to new ideas
- Enables an environment that embraces creativity and innovation
Trust & Team work
- Takes the time to listen for understanding and asks questions to clarify
- Uses communication skills that enhance teamwork (listens, is open, is honest, timely, and direct)
- Encourages others to listen using active listening skills
- Communicates directly, honestly, respectfully and in a timely manner to resolve conflict
- Uses simple language that is clear and to the point
- Is able to clearly define reality, even if it is controversial
- Practices accountability and collaboration to move the conversation forward
- Openly shares information
Demonstrates Boundaryless Behavior
- Actively participates and openly shares with others – is transparent
- Works well with other departments, functions, regions and cultures
- Open to learning from others and values views different from own views
Works with Velocity
- Prioritizes workload; focuses on completion and is organized
- Anticipates next steps and works towards them
Achieves Business Results
Focuses on the Customer
- Promotes a customer-focused culture and continuously strives to deliver value to the customer
- Works with customers (internal and external) to understand and meet their needs
- Keeps a promise, trust or pledge to do something now or in the future
- Actions and behaviors align with the goals of the organization
- Is fully engaged
- Makes smart decisions quickly
- Receives feedback and adjust behavior
- Effectively works and communicates in a matrix environment
- Minimum 7 years in enterprise networking and telecommunication experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills for complex problem solving..
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate within a matrix environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other standard productivity tools
- Previous experience in technical leadership and leadership of a managed service a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test , submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the Department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
- Salary Offer $91,240/yr - $140,897/yr
- Address Columbus, OH, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10