About the job
This is an on-site position. Candidate will be responsible for configuring, implementing, and maintaining systems and networks within a complex virtualized system architecture in a next generation training platform for a future Department of Defense (DoD) training environment.
Essential Job Functions:
The candidate should have knowledge in multiple vendor platforms to include Windows, Linux, Cisco, and VMware. Must be proficient with Windows Server Active Directory, Domain replication, and GPO implementation. Candidates should also be proficient in configuring Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls. Must be familiar with planning, testing, and implementing new security technologies and security configurations that will support requirements from the customer.
The candidate will assist in troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis in the event of a patch, component, device, or system failure. Must have proficiency in log analysis to troubleshoot issues. Must be able to coordinate productively and diplomatically with vendors, team members, developers, contractors, and subcontractors.
The candidate will be required to create documentation and diagrams that reflect updates for systems already in place and environments still in the design phase.
Must be a self-starter and able to prioritize multiple tasks on demand in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. In turn, must be flexible based on the requirements from the customer.
May be responsible for providing support to fielded locations (travel required).
Must be able to lift, carry, and install objects up to 40lbs.
- Take technical direction from leadership for work assignments and overall requirements.
- A comprehensive understanding of switching technologies and routing protocols
- Configuring and troubleshooting ASA site to site VPN connections
- Perform network configurations using Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Familiar with SolarWinds.
- Familiarity with network security.
- Advanced knowledge in Windows Servers 2019 Domain Controllers.
- Ability to modify and implement GPOs
- Experience with VMWare/vCenter/vSphere v7
- Implement VMware technology solutions for virtualization and storage
- Implement and maintain VMware ESXi operating on different servers
- Create, test, and deploy VMware vSphere environments
- Provide technical support to end users, operations, and management
- Perform system maintenance while maintaining availability for the end users
- Conduct technical investigations of different technologies connecting to the virtual environment
- Perform root cause analysis of customer or software developer reported issues
- Apply cyber system security lockdowns mandated by DISA. Will collaborate with the cyber team on the STIG Checklist and compliance.
- Capable of lifting and moving of equipment
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as IT, computer science, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university. (5 years’ experience in lieu of degree)
- 8570 Compliant IAT Level II or greater. Security+, CISSP or other equivalent certification required.
- Strong Cisco Firepower configuration knowledge
- Strong Linux support skills
- Network file systems, web, and mail servers.
- Advanced VMWare deployment and applications knowledge
- Strong Windows Administration in a virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of modeling and simulations systems used by US military.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government’s Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
- Address Orlando, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10