Job ID: NETWO016349
Primary Location: Westlake, TX, US
Date Posted: March 21, 2022
The primary responsibility of the Network Security Engineer position will be to resolve Core-Mark employee / end user support issues related to end user systems managed by the Network Systems Team. This individual will take ownership of hardware, OS, or desktop application related issues through to resolution. The successful candidate will use their knowledge of Windows operating systems (Windows 10), applications such as Office 365 to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely manner or re-direct to the appropriate team as needed. This role is considered an intermediate technical role within the Information Technology group.
• Support users across the Core-Mark Wide Area network and remote users connected over VPN.
• Maintain accurate log entries of contact with resolution details and follow-up information.
• Understand importance of resolving issues in a timely manner. Network consists of 2000 + PCs, 100+ servers across 30 plus locations.
• Direct and assist Core-Mark employees in deployment of new Desktop and laptop PC’s.
• Basic MS Active Directory / MS Exchange / Office 365 administrative tasks such as (but not limited to) adding, changing, or disabling user accounts and mailboxes, and updating distribution and security groups.
• Pro-actively resolve issues on desktop or notebook PCs or escalate as appropriate.
• Work with other team members on projects as required by IT team.
Skills & Experiences:
• 2-5 years working experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System. Basic understanding of Active Directory. Familiarity with Group Policy, SharePoint, Azure, or Office 365 a plus.
• Technical understanding of Windows Desktop OS and remote working methods.
• Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure (hardware, client devices, operating systems, directory services, importance of systems redundancy etc.) is an advantage. Experience with Carbon Black, Checkpoint VPN, or Duo Security two factor authentication a plus
• Ability to learn quickly and apply new technical information as required.
• Demonstrates systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to work.
• Can effectively plan, schedule and monitor work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiar with a range tools and resources to leverage for resolving complex technical issues.
• Open office environment located at Core-Mark Corporate Headquarters in Westlake, Texas
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
• Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
• Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
• Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
• Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
• Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
- Address Westlake, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5