Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s IT Infrastructure team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Network Security Engineer position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
- Provides the planning, design, acquisition and implementation of the company’s telecom (including transport, fiber, microwave and radio) voice and data network services. Evaluates business requirements to develop and implement solutions. Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons. Performs traffic study analysis to determine the best configuration of a system.
- Manages infrastructure related to telecom, voice, and data networks including related hardware and software to ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and supportability through production support and maintenance of existing systems, as well as development and implementation of system enhancements.
- Responsible for production support – administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, enhancing and providing advanced infrastructure support for the existing voice, telecom and data network systems.
- Responsible for deployment / implementation – planning and executing network designs, configurations, or enhancements to existing telecom, voice and data network services.
- Responsible for design – researching, recommending and designing new technologies, new configurations and enhancements to existing voice and data networks; providing consulting advice to customers on the capabilities of the network environment.
- Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Provides tactical troubleshooting of security system hardware, and software problems with support of senior technicians.
- Procures, configures, deploys and maintains IT security infrastructure.
- Assists in designing security products
- Evaluates security gaps and operational functionality of third-party product architecture and processes and provides effective solutions that bridge gaps and provide confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems.
- Provides input on security infrastructure design.
- Interfaces with vendors for procurement and deployment.
- Monitors system performance and capacity.
- Monitors security systems and advises higher level technical professionals/ managers of system status.
- Participates in implementation and deployment planning and execution.
- Works with project manager to define tasks and create team work plans. May delegate work to others and monitor progress. Identifies issues affecting work progress and recommend solutions.
- Proposes changes to system documentation impacting own team.
- Works primarily with IT technicians and professionals within own segment.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the fundamental tools and concepts of one of the IT teams. Applies that understanding to make independent, practical contributions to moderately complex IT work within a particular PSE function or department.
- Operates under general supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As part of the IT Workforce Architecture Project, assigned level P2.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer sciences, or related, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2 years of directly relevant experience specifically in IT security technologies such as firewall, SEM, SEP, IDS, antivirus, patch management, etc.
- Knowledge of network architecture and design, network security, wireless security and client/server security.
- Familiar with development and maintenance of VPN technologies.
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the fundamental tools and concepts of one of the IT teams. Applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to moderately complex IT work within a particular PSE department or function.
- Computer networking skills (TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.) and understanding of networking protocols.
- Knowledgeable about deployment of wireless LAN and wireless IDS.
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment/network discovery and associated tools.
- Understands infrastructure monitoring.
- Knowledge of securing Linux/Unix and Windows systems.
- Experience with VPN technologies.
- Familiar with regulatory compliance efforts such as PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, or NERC/CIP.
- Familiar with NIST security policy and ability to review against security architecture technical requirements.
- CISSP, CISM certifications
- Certifications in networking such as CNP, CCNA or CCIE
This position will be fully remote (must be located in WA state) or there is a choice of working out of any of PSE’s locations across the state.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
- Salary Offer $51,280/yr to $164,000/yr
- Address Redmond, WA, USA
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5