About the job
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best – and then we don’t stop until we’ve set the bar even higher. We’re ready to help you achieve more.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will work closely with both on-prem and remote networking staff to support Athene’s LAN, WAN, Data Center, Cloud, and wireless networks. You will provide technical leadership, standard processes, research, and support to external teams; help set and lead the vision and strategy for the network architecture and infrastructure. In this role, you will influence network direction applying IAC (infrastructure as code) methodologies to automate the deployment of move, adds and changes.
- Serve as a guide in data networking practices.
- Work in conjunction with multiple teams to ensure the network and the applications that depend on it work effectively.
- Design, configure, monitor, and optimize network hardware and software for efficient uptime and reliability.
- Collaborate with IT, Security and Cloud teams to deliver customer requirements.
- Lead network projects, upgrades, and maintenance engagements.
- Research and specify networking hardware and related technologies for current and future deployments.
- Effectively communicating business and technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Providing technical and delivery leadership to employees and contract network engineers in the US and international locations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional work experience.
- Experience leading the network infrastructure of cloud environments including AWS and Azure strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer in a medium to large enterprise working with Palo Alto Firewalls and Prisma, Cisco technological expertise in DNA Center, LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-WAN, VPN technologies, and F5 Load Balancers. Experience delivering network changes using Software Defined Networking and Infrastructure as Code technologies and practices.
- In-depth understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, IPSEC, HSRP, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP and OMP.
- Hands on experience with DevOps/Automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket).
- Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Orion, LiveNx, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools).
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Address West Des Moines, IA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10