About the job
Mutual of America Financial Group
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Boca Raton, FL (Hybrid)
Who We Are:
Mutual of America Financial Group (“Mutual of America”) has specialized in providing retirement plan products and services to small and mid-sized corporations and non-profit organizations since 1945. Utilizing local offices with non-commissioned sales representatives, they offer a wide variety of retirement savings plans and services, including 401(k), 403(b), and 457(b) deferred compensation plans. Mutual of America also provides investment vehicles to individuals for their retirement and other long-term financial needs.
- Prepare and execute test plans including integration, performance, coverage and capacity verification.
- Validate the software-defined network infrastructure within the IT ecosystem.
- Develop the disaster recovery plan, processes, and protocols for disaster recovery of network infrastructure. Ensure disaster recovery plan testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
- Perform network fault troubleshooting and root causes analysis to locate sources of network issues.
- Recommend products and services to enhance productivity.
- Monitor server and application performance utilizing SNMP, WMI and SSH based management tools.
- Respond to requests for file transfer, encryption, and communications troubleshooting.
- Provide support for all server-based software and in-house custom applications.
- Provide support to open-systems programmers for server and application related configuration changes and migrations.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of system patches, upgrades, and enhancements. Implement changes to network routers and switches.
- Provide detailed system related documentation and reports to management. Provide Level Two or Three support for server and network related issues.
- Design and build out of network infrastructure components and integrating technologies from various virtualized servers and storage vendors.
- Oversee the installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance, and effective use of LAN and/or WAN for communication of data, voice, text, or images.
- Manage network infrastructure to ensure alignment of technical requirements.
- Implement automation workflow for the management of repeated network issues in collaboration with relevant teams.
- Plan and coordinate network security measures for network infrastructure, software, and data.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of server hardware, software, operating systems, and server-based applications.
- Must be always available to support their job functions, including, but not limited to the event of a potential hurricane or other emergency situations 24 x 7.
- Troubleshoot complex system/application problems and provide logs, tracing or technical details to vendors as required.
- Develop documentation on administration, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Install, build, maintain, and test server based operating systems according to documented best practice guides and internally published standards.
- College degree preferred with an emphasis on Information Technologies.
- Four + years hands-on experience supporting Windows and Linux based Operating Systems.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing.
- Utilize mainstream network management software and protocols.
- Ability to create, coordinate and execute project plans for mission critical systems implementations and upgrades.
- Working knowledge of Server Virtualization environments.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking, with a strong preference for those candidates with experience in designing, planning, and implementing LANs and WANs using Cisco technology.
- Competency in Web Server Administration (IIS or Apache) a plus.
- Working knowledge of relational databases also a plus.
We offer a base salary and bonus potential in addition to outstanding benefits (which start on your first day of employment), including a comprehensive health plan, pension plan, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, vacation days and paid holidays.
Visit www.mutualofamerica.com/careers for additional details about life at Mutual of America. You can also follow us on Twitter: @mutualofamerica | Facebook: @mutualofamerica
Mutual of America Financial Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
- Address Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5