The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting the business and developing solutions, strategies, and plans that consistently increase functionality, operational effectiveness and stability to meet the expanding network requirements of the business. Proficient in management and support of current network technologies, including network security. This position will lead the modernization of the network and security environments through innovation, leadership and process improvement and will be responsible for developing and managing processes and procedures.
Company Overview: [ Link removed ] – URL blocked – click to apply is committed to employee wellbeing and life-work balance, offering development opportunities, a flexible time-off program, and an industry leading parental leave policy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor, manage, and tune networks to achieve expected availability and performance required by the business.
- Management of incidents, requests, maintenance, scheduling, and escalations to successful closure within specified service level agreements.
- Create, document, and update standards, policies, process and procedures where needed and communication to the IT groups.
- Participate technology council
- Manage the network-based security environment and respond, resolve, and document any security related activities or incidents.
- Maintain network design documentation and update as needed.
- Work with 3rd party service providers to ensure quality through the management of contracts, SLAs and costs.
- Coordinate projects for the deployment and installation of new or upgraded services or products.
- Responsible for creation, coordination and implementation of change requests for the network and security areas.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual reports around current operating environment, including hardware, software and configuration.
Education & Experience
- College Bachelor Degree preferably in IS, IT or related field, or equivalent technical training.
- Must have experience with network, security, and VoIP technologies, including Layer 2 and 3 switching, routing protocols, WAN, SD-WAN, VPN, firewalls, load balancing and IPS/IDS.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery experience.
- Able to respond to after-hours support, including evening and weekends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Cisco CCNP preferred or equivalent certification and Meraki experience a plus.
- Experience in managing, configuration, and support of Cisco, Meraki, and Citrix Netscalers.
- Working knowledge on Cloud based VoIP and experience in configuration and support of these systems
- Typical office environment.
- Must be able to move around the Beazer community, finished home sites and unfinished home sites where weather conditions and noise levels may vary.
- Safety equipment will be required on any construction sites.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee’s job duties may change at any time, in the company‘s sole discretion.
Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5