WE ARE WABASH.
Wabash is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that is changing how the world reaches you. Each employee is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 35 years ago.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be — for our employees, our customers and our community.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of routing and switching technologies including but not limited to: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and MPLS.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of switching and routing products including Cisco NX OS, Cisco CAT OS and Cisco IOS software.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of security products including Palo Alto FW, and Cisco ASA/FirePower.
- Experience with Cisco wireless controller
- Experience with Cisco Voice is a plus
- Experience with SD-WAN technology, especially Palo Alto or Prisma.
- Experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex networking.
- Experience with room collaborations/conferences systems like WebEx Room systems
- Experience with Microsoft environment (servers, AD, Azure, 365…), authentication methods (NPS, PKI/AES, AAA) will be a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools, especially SolarWinds
- Excellent judgment and decisions making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain technically complex concepts to non-technical project team members.
- Demonstrate financial awareness to control costs and think in terms of profit, loss, and added value.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent Influence and Communication skills, including navigating difficult conversations with stakeholders & staff
- Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology or related major, or equivalent experience.
- Typically, a minimum of 2-5 years of experience engineering and implementing infrastructure solutions.
- Related industry certifications highly preferred (CCNA, CCNP Enterprise, Voice, Data Center, etc.)
- Palo Alto FW, PAN, or SD-WAN certifications are a plus
The role of the Network Engineer, IT Operations is to support and develop the network where there are multiple diverse and complex Infrastructure Technologies; including understanding technology implementation and initiatives to enhance a secured scalable network and Infrastructure environment as well as developing plans for the ongoing support and governance of previously implemented initiatives. Leads projects with low to moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Works within high limits of authority on assignments requiring high technical complexity and coordination.
Additionally, this position will be part of the Network Operations team in a dynamic environment where teamwork is the key.
- Maintaining, upgrading, and installing the company’s network including, switches, routers, Wireless, Firewalls and other technologies and interfaces.
- Maintaining the company’s internet lines and excellent relationship with our partners/ISPs
- Work with other IT departments and teams.
- Monitoring and evaluating the entire network and providing recommendation or improvements
- Maintaining the company’s VoIP system
- Maintaining, installing, and improving the company’s Collaboration systems
- Address Frankfort, IN, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5