As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates* – enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at www.vailresortscareers.com.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining all parts of local resort network infrastructure, systems, and plant. This individual will support and run local network – connecting mountain and valley / village locations via fiber, wireless, and wired connections using Cisco network equipment as well as Aruba wireless infrastructure (controllers and access points)!
- The Network Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operations of Enterprise data communications including switches, wireless controllers, EpicMix RFID systems, DSL modems, NAC, Telecom, SDWAN, firewall, & other duties or equipment as necessitated by company growth or change
- Utilize one or more work ticket management systems in alignment with company metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Provide support of approved IT technology
- Lead small to mid-sized network infrastructure projects
- Configure, track, & maintain network infrastructure equipment
- Physical fiber and copper cable patching and troubleshooting; perform copper cable terminations as required
- Manage and troubleshoot telecom system(s) including: Gateways, Server, Media Gateways, and voicemail connectivity
- Create and maintain documentation detailing network projects, design, & configuration
- Translate team goals into actionable plans and execute those plans successfully
- Manage projects with internal stakeholders and 3rd-party vendors to add, fix, or replace existing network infrastructure both on-mountain and in resort base area(s)
- Support PC technicians and Network analysts by providing network knowledge to assist in accomplishing tasks, as required
- Fulfill departmental requirements of providing support coverage; especially during the company’s peak months (October-April)
- Lead initiatives for improvement and/or implementation of Vail Resorts IT systems while adhering to IT standards
- Manage telco circuits including new installations, monitoring, renewing contracts, and canceling unused circuits
- Basic firewall troubleshooting – Logs, DHCP Helpers, interface configuration, etc.
- Assist in creation and enforcement of network standards for the company including PCI compliance, device configuration, and infrastructure layout
- SDWAN basic configuration and troubleshooting
- Manage local resort infrastructure budget including balancing and creating requisitions
- Mentor and develop network analysts; both professionally and technically
- Outdoor work required in range of temps and ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Assume a leadership role practicing effective communication, & provide assistance where required to the local resort teams and broader network team
- Approach company standards and/or problems from the standpoint of a local resort and the entire enterprise
- Be a Vail Influencer by living and promoting the company’s Core Values: Serve Others, Do Right, Be Inclusive, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, & Have Fun.
- Knowledge of network models and applied troubleshooting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational, time management, & presentation skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- CCNA certification with 5+ years of networking experience
- Proficient knowledge of network management software
- Proficient knowledge of telecom phone systems
- Proficient knowledge of wireless controllers
- Proficient knowledge of NAC
- Earn qualification to ski or snowboard on-mountain to complete job duties (if required by resort & free lessons are available for employees).
- Network security knowledge required – securing network infrastructure
- Firewall experience
- Expected completion of Vail Resorts Leadership Essentials
Nice to Have:
- Network automation experience with Python
- CCNP certification
- ACMP certification
- ACCP certification
The budgeted range starts at 80,000 – $97,700 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
* Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 413993
Nearest Major Market: Denver
- Salary Offer $80,000/yr - $97,700/yr
- Address Avon, CO, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10