Overland Park, KS, US
Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity’s biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 98257
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Why Black and Veatch
Recognized by Glassdoor as a 2023 Top 100 place to work and winner of the Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity, Black & Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity’s biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life.
At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in portions of IP/Data network, Optical Transport and Cybersecurity planning, assessment, design, implementation and optimization for Black & Veatch clients.
- Offer technical advisory and consulting services to the client
- Provide intermediate technical support to business development and pursuit activities, including assisting in the creation of proposal, scope, level of effort estimation and implementation plans
- Evaluate and approve technical Cybersecurity solutions including configuration, installation, commission, integration and testing of Cybersecurity devices such as routers, switches, firewalls.
- Assist in developing and managing scope, schedule and budget requirements
- Assess and understand how industry standards for models apply to network design and implementation best practices
As part of BV Operations, your skills will be aligned to projects that support our 3 market sectors- Governments & Environment, Energy & Process Industries, and Connectivity & Commercial. In roles like Engineers, Technicians, and Skilled Specialists you will be engaged with exciting projects across the globe. From small community improvements to grand-scale Mega Projects, you will be Building a World of Difference through infrastructure growth and development while learning and focusing on your own individual development. The foundation of BV Operations provides the ability to move where your skills are needed and allows for a collaborative and innovative culture offering greater challenges and career development opportunities.
- Strong experience gathering and documenting requirements from different business units, stakeholders and engineering teams
- Strong knowledge of IP and Data Network Design and engineering design principles, guides and standards
- Strong knowledge of common networking protocols and encryption services and how these serve elevated security posture for a network (TCIP/IP, DNS, SNMP, 802.1x, SSL, IPSEC, etc.)
- Practical hands-on design and implementation familiarity for NERC-CIP, NIST, and/or FERC compliant architectures.
- Strong experience providing engineering and security standards development and support for large-scale complex data networks.
- Wireless Security (802.x, narrow-band, cellular) experience.
- Strong knowledge of data classification and its impact on the security design of networking solutions
- Hands-on implementation experience deploying security solutions including firewalls, intrusion detection, access controls, etc.
- Advanced experience with security policy development and impact upon data networking infrastructure planning and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills toward both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of security auditing practices for network infrastructures
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Network, vendor, and cybersecurity recognized certifications are a plus (i.e. Cisco, SANS, ISC2, CISSP, Firewall, etc)
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company‘s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
- Address Overland Park, KS, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5