When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Principal Network and Security Architect with Verizon’s Managed Network Services team, you will use your experience and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts of routing, switching, and security technologies to create world-class network designs for external F500 customers seeking network transformation. You will serve as the lead technical design and architectural expert across Verizon Business’ communication solutions portfolio. In this role, you will collaborate with technical and business leaders to develop solutions and designs to execute customer strategies, create greater efficiencies, and transform enterprise networks. The focus of this position will be on LAN, WAN, WLAN, SD-WAN, data center, and security technologies. You will work directly with the customer, build trust with stakeholders, and own the design process as a Network Architect. You will work closely with Verizon and Customer Operations, project management, and engineering teams to ensure the customer’s requirements are met. In addition, you will provide technological vision for network transformation, serve as the engineering leader back into Verizon, and ensure information is flowing to engineering resources assigned to project. Some travel to the customer location in Waltham, Massachusetts is required.
- Provide vison, architectural oversight and life cycle engineering with the steady state Verizon team for a large integrated Global Networking infrastructure.
- Maintain the integrity of the infrastructure through a detailed knowledge of the components and how they integrate and interact. The Data, Voice, and Security Infrastructure components include:
- Cisco SD-WAN, LAN, WAN, WLAN
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Zscaler Internet Access (ZIA) Cloud Proxy
- Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) Cloud Proxy
- DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM) Infoblox
- Firewalls (CheckPoint / Cisco ASA)
- Cisco FirePOWER IPS
- Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine)
- F5 Load Balancers LTM/GTM
- Symantec Products
- Create client solutions based on business requirements involving advanced networks, data center, security, and virtualization technologies; as well as development of fault and performance management policies and automation rules; deliver formal presentations when necessary
- Collaborate with Engineering/Planning, IT, Product Development, and various Verizon and external delivery and support teams to manage the design and implementation of client projects.
- Provide technical training and support for the Managed Services Operations team.
- Develop a deep knowledge and strong ability to articulate Verizon offerings across multiple disciplines including data, voice, managed services, IT, security and mobility strategies Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Provide Matrix supervision of a team for specific projects, resource management, process documentation, and peer mentoring.
- Oversee customer network documentation such as solution design document, record of change, and network diagrams.
- Act as an escalation point, providing 4th level incident support for customers.
- Assist in developing and updating the long-range, comprehensive plan for the customer’s contact center systems, processes, technical architecture and standards.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience as a Network Architect.
- Six or more years of network architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and/or telecom based products and service with verifiable instances of implementing enterprise solutions, such as: Data and IP Services (MPLS, VoIP, PIP, VPN, IP PBX); Managed Network Services (LAN, WAN, Content Delivery); Data Center Outsourcing (application hosting, managed storage); IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services, RTE); and Managed Security Services (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Identity services).
- Ability to travel occasionally
Even better if you have:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical field of study.
- Six or more years of experience in an Engineering Design Authority (EDA), Data Center technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on IP-based network, communications and mobility solutions.
- Six or more years of experience in customer facing positions (sales engineering, consulting).
- Current industry certifications: CCIE Data Center, CCDP, CISSP, CISM, ITILv3, etc.
- Big4 Consulting Experience.
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of prior successful customer engagements. Examples of network designs, statements of work and/or technical project plans.
- Knowledge of network, communications and mobility protocols as well as switching, routing, server, video and mobility equipment.
- Managed Security Solutions.
- Interpersonal, written, or verbal skills to effectively work in a team environment and explain complex system solutions customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Address Manchester, NH
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors