We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable and transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary portfolio of natural, delicious and nutritious products. With our fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices so they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet consumer expectations. And whoever we’re with, whatever we’re doing, we always make it real.
Reporting to the Senior Director of IT, the Network Administrator is part of a larger IT support team and is primarily responsible for providing day-today, remote and on-site IT support for 3 Almond processing plants. IT Support includes but not limited Active Directory Administration, overseeing IT consultants and IT vendors, supporting computer hardware and desktop applications, including Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, and other business software such as SAP. Troubleshooting networking and wireless connectivity issues, purchasing, replacing and updating IT equipment as needed, working with IT vendors, and working closely with the Infrastructure and Applications teams to ensure business continuity. This position is based out of Bayonne, NJ.
- Administration of Site Domain Controllers, File and print servers.
- Active Directory administration including adding and removing users, groups, printers and managing user permissions as required.
- Supervise IT Vendors or IT Consultants working on long- or short-term IT projects.
- Project Management including taking lead roles and executing on Infrastructure and desktop related IT projects
- Provide timely on-site or remote technical support to users relating to computers, applications and related technology and tracking all issues using the company’s IT help desk ticketing system.
- Brainstorm with team members to resolve complex problems and escalate difficult issues to the Level 3 Infrastructure or Applications teams.
- Install, maintain and update software on company computers, including Microsoft Windows components, Microsoft Office 365 components (including Outlook) and related products including software purchased for specific purposes.
- Work closely with plant managers and plant engineers to ensure production systems comply with Olam IT security standards.
- Create and/or maintain detailed documentation of the IT network including switches, hand-held scanners, routers, firewalls, and access points.
- Prepare, install, or re-allocate new or used hardware as directed. Move computer equipment as needed from one site to another.
- Purchase IT related software and hardware as required
- Ensure compliance with established company standards regarding the use of Technical Resources.
- Work with internet and communication service providers to provision and ensure adequate site connectivity.
- Work with IT vendors and play an active role in reviewing quotes, providing recommendations, as well as the decision-making process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A college degree in a computer related field or other IT Technical Certifications, such as CompTIA A+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), or ITIL Foundation is required.
- Five (5) years of IT experience in an IT support or IT Network Administrator role is required.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts including IP addressing, switching, routing, and basic firewall concepts is required.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows OS, MS Office O365, Desktops, laptops, handheld scanners, printers and copiers is required.
- Experience with general network troubleshooting TCP/IP, VPN, Switches, and Firewalls is required.
- Possess a strong understanding of wireless connectivity and experience dealing with external ISP and telephone vendors is required.
- Must be a self-starter and work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must work effectively in a team environment and with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to always display a professional and respectful demeanor is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel is required.
- Ability to work long days/ hours as required by the business during peak season, weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve complex technical IT issues is required.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification is preferred.
- Previous work experience in agriculture or manufacturing industry is preferred.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@ofi.comopens an email client application
At ofi, we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job ID : #1301
- Address Bayonne, NJ
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10