When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Verizon Product Security Team ensures security by design product engineering and architecture for both consumer and business products. In this role as a Mobile Security Architect, you will work to conduct security assessments on business products and solutions. You will help to create, define, and implement security controls and tooling in conjunction with product development teams and product owners. You will also work in conjunction with security stakeholders in other areas of the business and make decisions and help lead initiatives to ensure timely delivery of security solutions that support business objectives. You will also manage work that involves coordination with multiple organizations and is the focal point within the group.
- Work with the product teams to perform security design/code reviews and vulnerability assessment.
- Provide security guidance to Engineering and Product teams.
- Build threat models and conduct risk assessments for new features and services.
- Create application threat models and provide guidance on effective counter measures.
- Provide subject matter expertise on encryption, security controls, and secure design and programming practices across the Technology organization.
- Evaluate and operationalize new technologies for securing the organization.
- Help create product security inventory and product security lifecycle to align with standards.
- Create security user stories and security test cases for products that are tailored to the product attributes and technology.
- Support and advise product owner and product development teams by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness and compliance.
- Experience with secure SDLC, governance and compliance for PCI, FedRAMP and NIST.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of cryptographic Algorithms PKI, authentication protocols, transport layer security, OID, OAuth, SAML, etc.
- Relevant work experience with any of these technical disciplines: Cloud Security, Application Security, Mobile / Hardware Security, Secure Development methodologies, Software Development and Coding for security features.
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10, CIS Top 20.
- Demonstrated experience with software development using iOS/Android platforms (developing, debugging, testing and deploying).
- Programming skills in C++/C, Java/Kotlin, Scala, Objective-C or other languages and the ability to solve complex operational issues.
- Experience with Content Security technologies like DRM/Conditional Access.
- Knowledge of Trusted Execution Environment and Secure Boot Process.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience on security testing like SAST, DAST and Pen testing.
- Experience with Obfuscation techniques, Reverse Engineering and Tamper Resistant software development.
- Hands-on experience with Security Services and tools in AWS such as IAM, GuardDuty, Macie, S3, CloudTrail, AWS Config, CloudWatch, KMS, compute (i.e. EC2, GCE), storage (volume/object), networking (VPC, IDS/IPS, firewall, reverse proxies, Load Balancers, Security Groups/List, etc.), and AWS Inspector, SDK/CLI.
- Knowledge of application security vulnerabilities, secure coding, and countermeasures.
- Written and verbal skills for communicating security concepts and solutions.
- Ability to prioritize between and execute on multiple work streams.
- Experience with application programming and the overall software development life cycle.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- One of more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, SANS, CCSK, AWS Professional Certification (Solution Architect and Security Speciality).
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).
Job # 591629
- Address Basking Ridge, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5