We’re changing the world. Let us start with yours.
First Solar’s MES department seeks candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar technology through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence.
At First Solar, the MES organization is an innovation driver, continuously finding new ways to improve and automate processes that connect people and technology. They are the foundation of every business function, enabling the company to efficiently scale and make data-driven decisions to further our mission. People are MES’s most important asset, and this incredibly talented team supports our manufacturing systems, business applications, productivity tools, hardware, networks, and information security.
The MES organization seeks individuals who enjoy contributing to an innovative, fast-paced, forward-thinking team. They should be effective problem solvers, data driven, results oriented, and motivated to improve processes that help First Solar lead the world’s sustainable energy future.
Basic Job Functions:
Develops software, writes SQL-based reports, and provides support for First Solar’s Manufacturing Systems, R&D, and Quality systems and data architectures.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with two years of related work experience or 1 years of First Solar IT Experience; OR
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology with four years of related work experience or 2 years of First Solar IT Experience; OR
- High School Diploma or GED with six years equivalent external work experience or four years of First Solar IT Experience.
- 2 or more years developing in Microsoft C#/.Net
- 2 or more years writing SQL queries (SQL Server preferred)
- Proven ability with desktop and web-based UI design
- Proven ability and knowledge of computer technology
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Scripting technologies such as PowerShell
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to create technical documentation and reports
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Responsible for Level 1 support of Manufacturing Systems applications (incident and service request)
- Responsible for meeting support response, resolution, and Manufacturing Systems service availability SLAs
- Follow escalation plan when required to ensure SLAs met
- Provides afterhours support as required via on-call roster system
- Execute on designs, specifications, and requirements to create applications and data structures for Manufacturing Systems and customer processes.
- Set up and configure data collection activities and support ongoing data collection from shop floor operations.
- Create server-based applications to manage data, display reports, and provide status indicators / dashboards for information systems.
- Produce technical documentation for service transition to operation.
- Train with subject matter experts to provide on call support, troubleshooting, and modifications to existing Manufacturing Systems applications.
- Interface with team members and stakeholders from other departments.
- Exercise effective communications levels and foster team building.
- Adhere to SDLC processes, standards, and compliance measures (SOx, etc.)
- Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
- Undertakes analytical activities and delivers analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
- Within given research goals, builds on and refines appropriate outline ideas for research, i.e. evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation. Uses available resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of any relevant IT field. Reports on work carried out and may contribute sections of material of publication quality.
- Applies data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Undertakes complete design of simple applications using simple templates and tools. Assists as part of a team on design of components of larger systems. Produces detailed designs including for example: physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes, and backup, recovery and restart procedures.
- Translates and implements simple development project requirements into physical database structures. Assesses proposed changes to object and data structures and implements these changes in physical databases. Assists in database management system support activities for operational database systems.
- Designs, codes, tests, correct, and documents simple programs, and assist in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
- Applies tools and methods to identify the user experience, user’s characteristics and tasks, and the technical, organizational and physical environment in which the product or system will operate.
- Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software. Accepts software modules from software developers, and produces software builds for loading onto the target hardware from software source code. Configures the hardware environment, produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records the details of any failures. Carries out and reports fault diagnosis relating to moderately complex problems.
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications. Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Investigates problems in systems and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Uses appropriate methods and tools in the development, maintenance, control and distribution of quality and environmental standards. Makes technical changes to quality and environmental standards according to documented procedures. Distributes new and revised standards.
- Performs other assignments as required
- Job description subject to change at any time
- This position will report to a Manufacturing Systems Manager
- 0-10% travel may be required
US Physical Requirements:
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check and any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Job ID :
- Address Perrysburg, OH, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5