The Manager IT Engineering Operations provides day to day direction and vision to the AMN Engineering Team for the corporate data center infrastructure and server technologies; Ensuring availability and performance of the corporate applications and systems, establishing, and maintaining security practices consistent with AMN Policies and Procedures, and managing the day-to-day data center and server/storage operations including security and performance and efficiency.
- Work with business partners to maintain adherence to established SLAs and produce reports on performance metrics
- Maintain business partnerships with application product owners and application operations groups to ensure alignment of project results with business requirements
- Maintain compliance of server/storage technologies and installed applications related to security standards, SOX, and Joint Commission, or other governing bodies and regulations. This includes access control and security set up and configuration.
- Consistently implement AMN’s enterprise application hosting strategy
- Maintain operational plans for staffing, operational metrics, proactive alerting, dashboards, capacity, and SLAs
- Maintain fixed asset control records
- Participates in the maintenance and implementation of the Enterprise DR plan
- Develop direct reports through effective communication, feedback, performance management and coaching to ensure optimal results
- Identifies and implements large scale process optimization initiatives to ensure department service excellence, operational efficiency and innovative technology strategies.
- Coordinates daily operational data center activities, including monitoring uptime, performance, backup, upgrades, patches, software releases and ongoing break/fix activities
- Drives proactive management and avoidance of service affecting issues through metrics and dashboards
- Proactively implement capacity additions to ensure availability for new initiatives
- Manage team efforts to support AMN Development and other Project Teams through infrastructure provisioning
- Implement established AMN DataCenter Engineering Team priorities relative to AMN business goals and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain DataCenter Engineering Team staffing and scheduling and On-Call rotation coverages ensuring 24×7 application and systems availability
- Coordinate and direct efforts to resolve incidents escalated by Service Desk
- Provides escalation support for Help Desk tickets, including advanced server system investigation including error reporting, event logs, problem replication
- Drives root cause analysis for any significant service interruption
- Serves as ‘Severity One’ Incident Manager in rotation
Internal Customers & Partners
- All AMN departments/divisions/locations
- AMN IT Development and Project Teams
- Other external business partners
- VMWare (server virtualization)
- HPe Server Technology
- HPe Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Hosting all AMN server-based applications including AMIE, PSFT, Web, TIBCO
- Data Center Operation
- VDI (Citrix)
- Remote DataCenter Operations (Remote Lights Out Management)
- Active Directory/Azure AD
- Respect ● Passion ● Continuous Improvement ● Trust ● Customer Focus ● Innovation
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.
- Address Dallas, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5