Location: Painted Post, NY, US, 14870
Requisition Number: 51429
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will be responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project. You will develop project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Assignments are received in objective oriented terms. We look for you to provide guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and standards. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules effectively and on time.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Establishes operating standards and procedures that affect subordinate organizational units.
- Serves as a consultant to management in long range planning concerning new technical or business requirements.
- Accomplishes results through subordinate supervisors, or specialist employees. Subject to approval, modifies the organizational structure of centralized functions and units.
- Responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational unit.
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate supervision or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Directly participates in establishing and administering many centralized functional projects.
- Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the org. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- Frequent contacts with equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarifications.
- Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
- Responsible for development and maintenance of “Services Catalogue” encompassing technology standards as well as service and maintenance of security systems.
- Responsible for ensuring security technology deployment standards are being met and adhered to on a global basis.
- Responsible for tracking vendor performance based on performance metrics and holding vendors accountable where expectations are not being met.
- Will work one on one with Security Technology Project Managers and/or Regional Security Technology Managers to develop their technical skills and advise on complex projects.
- Responsible for resourcing the research of new technology, working with both the CGS Technology and Operations teams to determine if new technology should be added to the technology roadmap and or the Services Catalogue.
- Responsible for development, deployment, and maintenance of Global Service Strategy to ensure that all technology is being properly maintained and serviced.
- Responsible for long range (5-10 year) vision and strategy for deployment and utilization of technology on a global basis.
- Responsible for developing security technology roadmap, including the development and deployment of new technologies, talent, as well as the retirement of technologies that have reached end of life.
- Up to 15% including international travel
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Regular work schedule: 7:30am to 5:00pm with response capability as business needs instruct.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum of 8+ years working in technology field
- Minimum of 5+ years direct experience managing team
- Must be proficient in MS Windows applications like XLS, DOC, PPT, and Adobe Pro
- Strong computer skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong analytical skills and affinity for process rigor
- Able to identify issues and opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions
- Handle work details accurately and efficiently while keeping “the big picture” in focus
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and collaborate within Corning Global Security and other functions/businesses
- Comfortable taking independent action with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate project/initiative status, articulate roadblocks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to various levels in the organization
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- Lenel Certified on system administration function highly desired.
- Master level preferred
- Ability to effectively lead a distributed team globally
- Project Management skills
- Analysis skills with advanced Excel and PowerBI skills/knowledge
- Experience in manufacturing, industrial or retail industries, highly valued
- Experience rolling out new initiatives internationally, highly valued
- Understand and adhere to the Corning Values
- Eager to learn and continuously improve skills, knowledge and abilities
- Flexible, self-motivated, efficient; detail oriented
- Hold performance standards as both an individual contributor and team member
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
- Address Painted Post, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20