Date: May 4, 2022
Location: Cleveland, OH, US, 44117
Company: Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 21105
PURPOSE: The ideal candidate will possess 5-10+ years’ experience directing global project teams, working with all levels of Management, and deep technical experience and knowledge of IT, Network Infrastructure and Telecommunications. Provide strong leadership and guidance with the responsibility of maintaining, improving and operationally supporting a wide breadth of information technology products and services for all aspects of manufacturing functions and general enterprise platforms. They are highly technically proficient, capable of designing and implementing both cloud and on premise enterprise systems in a hands-on way with the IT team. Direct projects for the Network Infrastructure team executing and continuously improving the areas of Network & Telecommunications, IT operations, incident response, vulnerability management, cloud infrastructure and telephony. Engage with the CIO, VP IT Global Operation, Global Director of Infrastructure, Business Leaders, other IT management, IT Infrastructure team, IT Systems Development team, legal, Human Resources, and other key IT and business stakeholders to accomplish assigned tasks and objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Manages a team of global network professionals to support production and operations team(s)
- Has accountability for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Manage the process of gathering, analyzing, and assessing the current and future threat landscape, as well as providing the IT Leadership with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information systems
- Facilitates communication between business and IT leadership to ensure that IT delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
- Participates in the identification, development and communication of new technology standards and best practices as appropriate
- Partners with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments; manage vendor contract SLA’s to achieve established goals, and provides recommendations for enhancing vendor relationships
- Manage Network & Firewall, and telecommunication engineers in a multi-site global enterprise
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements and identify and resolve technical design issues
- Proactively monitor network for capacity management
- Management and oversight of Incident Response efforts to proactively identify critical threats/vulnerabilities and quickly remediate security and privacy incidents. Operational responsibilities for all Enterprise Infrastructure Operations
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a IT related field or Equivalent Experience preferred
- 5-10+ years’ experience managing a large global team as well as directing project teams
- Deep technical expertise and knowledge of Infrastructure, operations, IT, networks, cloud, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with business managers, IT engineering and IT operations staff globally
- A strong understanding of the business impact of infrastructure & security tools, technologies and policies
- Strong leadership abilities, with the capability to develop and guide the infrastructure team members and IT operations personnel, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to influence teams, establish direction, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, encourage dialogue, and encourage improvement and innovation
- Identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively with ability to make timely decisions with limited information
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, project and application development teams, Management and business personnel; in-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs to security controls; an excellent understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- At least 5 years of experience managing complex IT projects within manufacturing or other industries with similar 24/7/365 mission critical high availability requirements
- Extensive networking experience as it relates to strategy, planning, purchasing, maintenance, and monitoring
- Capable of developing enterprise infrastructure requirements based on business strategy
- Strong hands on experience with WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPN, GRE, DMVPN) Switching (Capacity Planning, VLANs)
- 3-5 years of experience in network design and migrations in large enterprise environments, implementing advanced, complex, secure networks including wireless and remote access
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Information Technology
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Welding, Information Systems, Technology, Manufacturing
- Salary Offer $82,940/yr to $116,665/yr
- Address Cleveland, OH, USA
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10